Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WCOOP Challenge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483578)

LearnedfromTV 08-22-2007 05:38 AM

WCOOP Challenge

It's still three weeks away, but I wanted to get this out there now, to work out the details and get max participation.

My idea

- Either a designed point system like whatever you guys use for the sunday challenge, or just tlb points.

- Main challenge is medium-sized, say $500 or $1000, with a baller division if people want it.

- Whatever the point system, total points wins, not best x results. Since most people interested will be playing most of the events, it seems silly to penalize someone for lots of cashes; it's not like a tlb challenge where volume players can load up 4/180s.

- since a point system should take into account buyin and field size, tlb points makes a lot of sense. But if that's what's used, an adjustment should be made to weigh the rebuy events higher.

Interest/Ideas?

shaundeeb 08-22-2007 05:49 AM

Re: WCOOP Challenge

too much live

nath 08-22-2007 05:56 AM

i think there should be a challenge for most events entered with no cashes

obv you can't make the prize so big that people would throw the events on purpose, but i'm pretty sure i would win

WarDekar 08-22-2007 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think there should be a challenge for most events entered with no cashes

obv you can't make the prize so big that people would throw the events on purpose, but i'm pretty sure i would win

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I was 0/4 in FTOPS and plan on going 0-fer in WCOOP, you'll certainly play more events though so we shall see.

nath 08-22-2007 07:29 AM

i was like 0/13 in FTOPS

Bikini Wax 08-22-2007 10:21 AM

I'm in for w/e

miami32 08-22-2007 11:44 AM

I'm in too. Although I feel like most wins is silly since all of us could go without a win. You should do a point system by what place you come in comparison to the percentage of the field. Like if you make top 10% of this field you get X points. But adjust those numbers on the event and give certain events more points either due to being a rebuy or a the main event or horse. Just my two cents.

Bikini Wax 08-22-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in too. Although I feel like most wins is silly since all of us could go without a win. You should do a point system by what place you come in comparison to the percentage of the field. Like if you make top 10% of this field you get X points. But adjust those numbers on the event and give certain events more points either due to being a rebuy or a the main event or horse. Just my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

like he mentioned, a similar point system as sunday challenge

TheNewf 08-22-2007 05:44 PM

Last summer I went 0-fer the WCOOP and FTOPS, playing like 80% of the events. That started a 40K downswing when my online roll was 50K. Good times.

schwah 08-22-2007 06:05 PM

probably in, and re: scoring

i don't think that any non cash should help your score.. seems silly to me that bubbling gives more points than busting in the first hour (and i'm someone who bubbles like every tourney i play).

tlb formula is too top heavy for this type of contest imo. if someone makes 1 huge score they are pretty much a lock to win the whole contest.

i think the formula from last year would be fine, except give 0 points for all non cashes.