Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Textbook hand, I don't know what I'm doing. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547600)

jackatwork 11-16-2007 11:22 AM

Textbook hand, I don\'t know what I\'m doing.

They're typical loose-bad players. I am also a loose-bad player. I lost a big pot in the previous orbit felting aces because I suck. Any input on this hand is greatly appreciated!

Hero: $11.90
Button: $21.60
SB: $17.80
BB: $7.80

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $0.35</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1.35</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $5.4</font>, BB folds, Hero...

Pg9 11-16-2007 01:13 PM

Re: Textbook hand, I don\'t know what I\'m doing.

preflop: OK
flop: check behind, you don't have a big draw and it's highly unlikely that you can make 3 players fold...

fold for the c/r

JamaY 11-16-2007 02:53 PM

I agree with checking behind on the flop. A lot of players at these limits will check their strong hands to the PFR planning on check-raising his cont. bet. If you check behind you get a free card and can bust a set or top 2 that wont believe a 9 helped you.

DeucesNeverLoses 11-16-2007 06:00 PM

I don't like potting that flop, somewhere around .75 is good because if u get checkraised u can continue w/ the hand, as is, it looks like u're up against a set and ur not getting odds, i probably fold here, but folding &gt; raising &gt; calling.

BadBenOni 11-16-2007 07:55 PM

Your bet on the flop is OK, maybe a check is better but its close.

After his raise a fold is safe, a call is fun.
If you have to worry about the money get a job.

Rob121 11-16-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like potting that flop, somewhere around .75 is good because if u get checkraised u can continue w/ the hand, as is, it looks like u're up against a set and ur not getting odds, i probably fold here, but folding &gt; raising &gt; calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to keep my contiuation bets around the same size for the same reasons mentioned above. something like $1 here would be good. I check here a good amount of the time and take a free card.

Rob121 11-16-2007 09:02 PM

check calling disguses the stregnth of your hand a little better. but there is absolutey nothign wrong with the way u played this.

RoundTower 11-17-2007 04:17 AM

I think it's fine. Fold now.