Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What'd You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390785)

LetItBe 08-27-2007 01:32 PM

Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Good story grando.

And holy crap jtrout! That is amazing...

brettbrettr 08-27-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always found Crystal Springs itself to be a retarded course, and I haven't played it in years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I've heard its more of a gimmick course than anything else and I haven't play it and don't plan to.

[ QUOTE ]

I played NJ National a long time ago, when it first opened. I didn't really like it and never went back. Didn't know that it had gone private.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Why didn't you like it? I thought it was very nice, very well kept, and challenging with thick rough and huge quick greens.

CrazyEyez 08-27-2007 05:04 PM

Played this private Nicklaus course in the twin cities for a work outing.

bearpath

Course is nice but not mind-blowing. Houses along it are amazing though. I made a mockery of the game of golf but had a few really nice holes and crushed a few drives so it was fun. Also I didn't have to go to work and the beverage cart was complimentary - that may have contributed to both my high score and my enjoyment.

Clarkmeister 08-28-2007 02:23 AM

Lost Dunes over two days, once from tips at 7k, once from whites at 6,400. 60-58-118 and 51-54-105. Unbelievable course, I'm in love.

dcasper70 08-28-2007 09:04 AM

Organized a golf weekend with 14 guys for this past weekend. From Thursday 7am to Sunday 9pm, total of 12 hours sleep! Waaaaay too much!!!

Friday AM, Okemo white tees - 83
Friday PM, Okemo green tees - 87
Saturday, Rutland blue tees - 89
Sunday, Green Mountain National blue tees - 82

Handicap lowered to 10.5. Come On Single Digits!!!!!!!!

Aces McGee 08-28-2007 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Organized a golf weekend with 14 guys for this past weekend. From Thursday 7am to Sunday 9pm, total of 12 hours sleep! Waaaaay too much!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd you guys do other than play golf? There's not a ton going on in Rutland.

-McGee

JTrout 08-28-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lost Dunes over two days, once from tips at 7k, once from whites at 6,400. 60-58-118 and 51-54-105. Unbelievable course, I'm in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the 9 hole course in S. Michigan?
If so, I played that in '98 and it was a true gem.
Makes me want to go to Oregon...

dcasper70 08-28-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
We got to the house (on Killington) at about 7pm Thursday night. Went out for some wings, then just played poker and drank beer until 2am.
Our first time at Okemo was 9am, second was 2:30. Didn't get back to the house until around 8. Ordered a half dozen pizzas, and played cards as late as we could. Only a few of us made it to 3am.
Played Rutland on Saturday at 1pm. Gave most of the guys plenty of recovery time. I woke at the first smell of bacon and coffee.
Some guys went out boozin Saturday night (Outback on K'ton rd), some stayed in for more poker.
Teed off at GMN on Sunday at 10am.

Aces McGee 08-28-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
We got to the house (on Killington) at about 7pm Thursday night. Went out for some wings, then just played poker and drank beer until 2am.
Our first time at Okemo was 9am, second was 2:30. Didn't get back to the house until around 8. Ordered a half dozen pizzas, and played cards as late as we could. Only a few of us made it to 3am.
Played Rutland on Saturday at 1pm. Gave most of the guys plenty of recovery time. I woke at the first smell of bacon and coffee.
Some guys went out boozin Saturday night (Outback on K'ton rd), some stayed in for more poker.
Teed off at GMN on Sunday at 10am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I'd like to get back to play Green Mountain National some day.

Hope you guys had good weather.

-McGee

Clarkmeister 08-28-2007 11:14 AM

http://www.lostdunes.com/

18 holes, #63 on Golf Digest's "America's Greatest Courses" list, for whatever that's worth.