Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Complete loss of sex drive because of antidepressants... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528638)

five4suited 10-22-2007 04:14 PM

Re: Complete loss of sex drive because of antidepressants...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh, tell your doctor your side effects and have him/her prescibe a different antidepressant.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bicycles_Biatch 10-22-2007 04:15 PM

self medicate

GinaSD 10-22-2007 04:21 PM

This is a fairly common side effect of SSRI's. Have you tried Wellbutrin yet? It can have the opposite effect for some people.

pokerbobo 10-22-2007 04:32 PM

Just dont cut on your erection.... everything will be fine

BeL0wMe 10-22-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a fairly common side effect of SSRI's. Have you tried Wellbutrin yet? It can have the opposite effect for some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

No but I might try the switch. My girlfriend has been really pissed at me recently because she swears that I'm not attracted to her anymore since I can't stay completely hard during sex. Any kind of quick remedy like a dick ring, or an otc medication that can at least alleviate my sexual problems for a bit?

PorkPieHat 10-22-2007 04:45 PM

I think this is nature's way of guaranteeing you don't reproduce, sort of like 'survival of the non-cutting fittest'.

curtis012 10-22-2007 04:48 PM

tell your g/f that if she lost 10lbs you could probably get hard.

Fast Food Knight 10-22-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is nature's way of guaranteeing you don't reproduce, sort of like 'survival of the non-cutting fittest'.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllll

To the dudes discussing Wellbutrin, Lexapro, etc.... did you experience weight gain?

Los Feliz Slim 10-22-2007 05:20 PM

I actually had major weight loss when I started Lexapro, again because when I was really depressed all I did was eat. Also I quit drinking and exercised a ton.

Gained it all back of course, but still.

GinaSD 10-22-2007 05:21 PM

Wellbutrin actually can help with weight loss. It's a norepinepherine reuptake inhibitor that works by increasing the levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. These are the same chemicals that make you feel satisfied.

If you ever want any more specific info regarding mood stabilizers or antidepressants, feel free to pm me. I've dealt with having bipolar disorder relatively successfully for the last 16 years.