Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pokertracker question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539946)

Mr. Ratface 11-06-2007 07:42 PM

Pokertracker question

When I first got pokertracker I was in a period where I was learning limit and therefore playing limit. I got accustomed to the BB/100 thing and to my understanding 3bb/100 is good for limit. However, I am finally tracking my no limit stats since I am playing it again and I am not sure what to look for.
Is it measured in terms of BB/100 or is there some other sort of measurement?
What is a good winrate to look for in nl?

Quicksilvre 11-06-2007 08:25 PM

Re: Pokertracker question

As-is, Poker Tracker measures no limit winnings in PTBB/100 (Poker Tracker Big Bets/100), which is the number of big blinds won per 100 hands divided by two. Most players prefer to set Poker Tracker to regular BB/100, i.e. big blinds per 100 hands. (To do that, go to the Ring Games Stats page, click the "Preferences" tab, and find the check box marked "Treat 'BB' for NL/PL as Big Blind Amt."

As always, anything above zero is good. Getting 10 big blinds/100 is doing great, and probably not sustainable above the micro limits. Someone who plays NL more than I do can be more specific about reasonable win rates.

hihimichelle 11-06-2007 08:33 PM

Yeah BB/100 at micro limits around 10 is a good number. I saw some guy with bb/100 of 22.03 on here at micro and he was asking for some advice. Well, to that get bb/100 i wouldn't say he needs much. I had a BB/100 of 14 and then in the last 1k of hands, i'm down at 9.80. Not much you can do.. when u lose with rockets twice, KK, nuts flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm not a great player mine. A player with good reads, flop play would probably get around 15-20 bb/100 at low stakes. Just playing TTA is good enough for around 10 i'd say. Just playing ABC poker.

Mr. Ratface 11-06-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As-is, Poker Tracker measures no limit winnings in PTBB/100 (Poker Tracker Big Bets/100), which is the number of big blinds won per 100 hands divided by two. Most players prefer to set Poker Tracker to regular BB/100, i.e. big blinds per 100 hands. (To do that, go to the Ring Games Stats page, click the "Preferences" tab, and find the check box marked "Treat 'BB' for NL/PL as Big Blind Amt."

As always, anything above zero is good. Getting 10 big blinds/100 is doing great, and probably not sustainable above the micro limits. Someone who plays NL more than I do can be more specific about reasonable win rates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, that is very helpful. So basically if I have it set as BB/100 hands than anything over 10 is good for the micros.
Wouldnt my ptbb/100 just be half of my bb/100? Which also means anything over 5 is good for ptbb/100 or am I wrong in last point?

hockeyav 11-06-2007 09:35 PM

Yes, 5 PTBB/100 = 10 BB/100