Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   77 vs BB on a paired flop. He c/r me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431922)

Wolfram 06-20-2007 05:47 PM

77 vs BB on a paired flop. He c/r me

Villain just sat down, so no reads or stats. How's my line?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.33 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.33 BB

skedar 06-20-2007 07:03 PM

Re: 77 vs BB on a paired flop. He c/r me

i think calling the turn and the river is not an option unless they are blanks.

if you want to play this hand on you should raise the turn for a free showdown. if you're ahead, villain will often have 6 outs. and there are many cards you don't want to see on the river, giving you an easy fold if villain donks.

the other option is 3betting the flop. but you're screwed if he caps, because 3bet/fold is not a line i want to take on this kind of flop.

finally, i guess it's not a shame to give this hand up against unknown. wait for a better spot and pay attention to find out if he bluffs this kind of hands.

btw whats your screenname if you're a regular at the party midstakes?

Wolfram 06-20-2007 08:51 PM

I'm not a regular, I'm just taking a shot.

Unphased 06-21-2007 10:05 AM

i like capping the flop. You get the showdown for an 1 sb less... if he donks the turn just fold.

tazzman3 06-21-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like capping the flop. You get the showdown for an 1 sb less... if he donks the turn just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

joker122 06-22-2007 03:32 AM

everyone telling you to 3bet the flop and fold to a cap or raise the turn for a free sd or blah blah are retarded. he's unknown, and that's why your line is fine. and call the river.

Surf 06-22-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone telling you to 3bet the flop and fold to a cap or raise the turn for a free sd or blah blah are retarded. he's unknown, and that's why your line is fine. and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that retaking the initiative isn't going to get you anywhere on this board - and that flop begs for bluffs, so just show your hand down. The turn and river cards (each on their own) are not terrible, but together there's a pretty strong chance that he picked up the winner along the way. As played call river and take notes on what you see.

Surf