Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Closed Account at UltimateBet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361723)

john1608 03-22-2007 05:11 PM

Closed Account at UltimateBet

I've been playing UB for the last month and got in on their $650 sign up bonus. I've mainly been working to learn poker and I've been playing the $.05/.10 limit tables for about eight hours a day. I worked off the bonus and now when I tried to cash out UB closed my account citing abuse of bonus dollars. What the hell am I supposed to do? I never got any warning saying that I was "abusing" their bonus dollar system. Anyone else experience this?

Broke Rounder 03-22-2007 05:15 PM

Re: Closed Account at UltimateBet

huh?

john1608 03-22-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. I have no idea how I "abused" the bonus dollars just by playing at their tables...I've emailed them, but have yet to get a response. I'll be sure to post their response as soon as I get it.

Niediam 03-22-2007 05:20 PM

You cleared the entire $650?

This is the type of thing that seems to happen when people deposit and then don't play enough to cover UB's processor fees before withdrawing.

john1608 03-22-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You cleared the entire $650?

This is the type of thing that seems to happen when people deposit and then don't play enough to cover UB's processor fees before withdrawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So their response is just to close my entire account and take all my money? What can I do about this?

BruinEric 03-22-2007 05:22 PM

From other threads here, it appears that UB scrutinizes 100% cashouts. Many here frequently withdraw winnings from UB easily without emptying the account.

UB states in their policies that they reserve some sort of right to require a bonus be played off. Ask UB to cancel your deposit and play on the site more without bonus. Then consider withdrawing some of your winnings at a later time.

I'm not advocating for the position, just trying to give you practical advice.

john1608 03-22-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From other threads here, it appears that UB scrutinizes 100% cashouts. Many here frequently withdraw winnings from UB easily without emptying the account.

UB states in their policies that they reserve some sort of right to require a bonus be played off. Ask UB to cancel your deposit and play on the site more without bonus. Then consider withdrawing some of your winnings at a later time.

I'm not advocating for the position, just trying to give you practical advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, I didn't withdraw 100% of my money. I withdrew about $1000 and left $200 to play with. I'd be happy to play more without bonus and then withdraw at a later date, but they didn't give me that option. They just closed the account and didn't even email me saying that was their decision. I found out while I was still at the tables!

metsandfinsfan 03-22-2007 05:44 PM

this is quite disturbing if true

kassdog 03-22-2007 06:04 PM

you played .05/.10LimitHoldem eight hours a day. Thats the craziest part of the post.

Annulus 03-22-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is quite disturbing if true

[/ QUOTE ]