Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPTK against unknown 3-bet preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558209)

OSUGreg1983 11-30-2007 07:32 PM

TPTK against unknown 3-bet preflop

Unknown villain.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $5.75
Hero (BTN): $11.60
SB: $6.40
BB: $10.60
UTG: $9.85
MP: $4.45

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero

Speedlimits 11-30-2007 07:41 PM

Re: TPTK against unknown 3-bet preflop

calls

OSUGreg1983 11-30-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a plan for the turn?

I'm not donating 29BB's at this point to fold the turn to a 3/4 pot bet from villain since that's all he has left in his stack.

Please explain your reasoning.

wooziephantom 11-30-2007 08:26 PM

The question is, did u have a plan for the flop? U call the min rr pf and hit tptk... If ur call pf was to fish for a flush, then u might as well fold pf... Makes no sense to call this pf and then fold on the flop.. This is one of these spots where I think u have to call and reevaluate turn.. Villain is shortstacking, so expecting fairly transparent play on later streets..

losingdonkey 11-30-2007 08:31 PM

the minraise pre and donk on the flop screams QQ-AA. He could be doing this with AK, but its a small part of his range. Either fold/shove - I'm leaning more towards fold.

MrWooster 11-30-2007 08:33 PM

I shove flop here - only AA,KK,QQ beats you and he his calling with any J.

If he has AA,KK,QQ, you are going to go bust anyway, so I shove flop.

FWIW - I don't call here PF, I would probably fold, AJo is not an amazing hand.

OSUGreg1983 11-30-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question is, did u have a plan for the flop? U call the min rr pf and hit tptk... If ur call pf was to fish for a flush, then u might as well fold pf... Makes no sense to call this pf and then fold on the flop.. This is one of these spots where I think u have to call and reevaluate turn.. Villain is shortstacking, so expecting fairly transparent play on later streets..

[/ QUOTE ]

No sense in being a jerk here.

My point was that I was leaning towards a shove. One word responses aren't helpful to me when I'm posting hand I found myself in a marginal spot. I'm not posting this hand because I had absolutely no idea what to do.

I'm posting it because I see there are multiple options of playing here....fold pf, call flop, shove flop. I obv could have played the hand better.

wooziephantom 11-30-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No sense in being a jerk here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I think the question was a legit one... When u called pf u must have thought about the plan of attack if u hit tptk... Villain being short makes this muck pf even easier imo...

Speedlimits 11-30-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a plan for the turn?

I'm not donating 29BB's at this point to fold the turn to a 3/4 pot bet from villain since that's all he has left in his stack.

Please explain your reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

call flop call turn if shoved on.

don't shove flop because sometimes he will double barrel his AK/air.

if he checks turn/shove it.

bsball8806 11-30-2007 09:58 PM

I call here too, he isn't folding a J, you're going busto to AA/KK/QQ on the turn, and he may bluff a worse hand on the turn.