Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   College- More Beats Than Brags (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=197540)

acesfall 08-27-2006 02:23 PM

College- More Beats Than Brags

So yesterday I moved back to the prestigious Western Kentucky University. It has gone as follows-

Brag- My roomate isnt here yet so I have the room to myself
Beat- I checked out his facebook profile and hes a thug. His groups include "Stop Snitchin" and his favorite books are "You know yo boy cant read hah."

Beat- I got put in the shittiest dorm on campus. Barely any AC, 22 floors, window doesnt open all the way, and its tiny.
Brag- I can smoke pot with no interference from authority [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Beat- Books are [censored] expensive. I hate teachers that assign 5 required text for a [censored] gen. ed religious studies course.

Brag- Co-ed dorm.

Beat- I cant multi-table 40 hours a week anymore, goodbye a large chunk of my income.

College is full of variance.

ObnxNole 08-27-2006 02:25 PM

Re: College- More Beats Than Brags

So make enuff money playing cards to ur own crib dog!

acesfall 08-27-2006 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So make enuff money playing cards to ur own crib dog!

[/ QUOTE ]

At WKU you have to live in dorms for two years or pay a [censored] of money to live off campus [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ObnxNole 08-27-2006 03:08 PM

bleh that sux

G-Diddy20 08-27-2006 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat- I cant multi-table 40 hours a week anymore, goodbye a large chunk of my income.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds weird maybe, but it seemed to me when college started last year I had actually more time to play, because during the summer I had to split the time between seeing my gf and friends while they were in for summer. I still see my gf but with a busy schedule not as frequently = me more time to play. I was a freshman though so the workload wasnt to bad last year, we'll see what awaits this year.

G

Bob Sacamano 08-27-2006 03:18 PM

If I ever took a course on religion in college I would throw myself off of a building.

RikaKazak 08-27-2006 03:21 PM

College is for SUCKAS!....that being said, I went [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

tagtastic 08-27-2006 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I ever took a course on religion in college I would throw myself off of a building.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.

also, what's all this ragging on college? I wish I was still there.

lostandgone85 08-27-2006 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh tell me about it...We have to take two semesters here, ultimate bad beat

headturner1 08-27-2006 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did and I did.

Unfortunately, it was just off the second floor balcony.