Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   USA Women's Hockey Pathetic (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=39390)

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-17-2006 05:53 PM

Re: USA Women\'s Hockey Pathetic

Was the US women's hockey team complaining about Canada or about Sweden laying down in their game against Canada? The thought was Sweden just didn't try against Canada and saved their energy for the semifinal game against the US.

Pudge714 02-17-2006 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Overall, it was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long time. Disappointing for sure, but a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously do you ever watch hockey? If so I don't see how you could say this game, or for that matter any women's game is one of the best you have ever seen.

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-17-2006 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overall, it was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long time. Disappointing for sure, but a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously do you ever watch hockey? If so I don't see how you could say this game, or for that matter any women's game is one of the best you have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I've seen my share of hockey games, although I've only been playing the game for about 22 years. Did you watch the game?

roundmound 02-17-2006 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I've seen my share of hockey games, although I've only been playing the game for about 22 years. Did you watch the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Less skill, less speed and less athleticism than any NHL game, how could this be one of the greatest games ever?

SharkTank43 02-17-2006 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Less skill, less speed and less athleticism than any NHL game, how could this be one of the greatest games ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my eyes, that has little to do with how good a game is. Some of the best football games I have witnessed were high school games, and they have less skill, speed, and athleticism then college and pro players.

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-17-2006 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it's the greatest game ever, just the best I've seen in a while. It was a very close game, tied from the 2nd period on through a shootout, had a lot of great exciting scoring chances, great penalty killing, and a lot of intensity. It was a game with a lot of great offensive chances and a goalie who was absolutely on fire. It doesn't have to be the Stanley Cup finals to be a great game. It could be a bantam game and still be a great game if it's well played.

ftball0000 02-17-2006 06:40 PM

I honestly must agree Patrick, I am a big time hockey fan, and I really enjoyed watching this game. I cannot stand most women's sports, but this game was suprisingly entertaining and enjoyable to watch

-Ftball

Pudge714 02-17-2006 06:42 PM

I can't believe someone with such an awesome avatar, could ever have such a bad take.

I would rather watch any NHL playoff game than the USA vs. Sweden game. While it was close I don't think it wwas a good game because of the lack of individual skill and speed of every single player on the ice.

HDPM 02-17-2006 06:42 PM

What I read was complaining about Canada running up scores, although goals scored is a tiebreaker.

roundmound 02-17-2006 06:42 PM

Shark, Patrick- I agree it doesn't have to be the highest level for it to be a great game. But both teams should be playing about as good as they can for it to be great. If its a close game becuase one team makes a bunch of silly mistakes, its not a great game. Usually mistake free high intensity games only occur at the highest levels.