Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Who did this ban and why? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455128)

MEbenhoe 07-19-2007 12:50 PM

Who did this ban and why?

Was this Ryan or did someone ban out of forum?

link

JaredL 07-19-2007 01:07 PM

Re: Who did this ban and why?

Dids was given the power to ban wherever for racism.

Dids 07-19-2007 02:03 PM

It's very likely I'm more sensy poo on this stuff that others, so if everybody else thinks I was over the top I'll admit I was wrong, but to me I thought his post was pretty blantanly offensive.

MEbenhoe 07-19-2007 02:05 PM

Ok well here's the deal because its happened a few times for a bunch of silly reasons. Please anyone that isn't myself or an admin, do not ban anyone in sports for anything that isn't blatant spamming. There is a notify mod button for a reason.

*TT* 07-19-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok well here's the deal because its happened a few times for a bunch of silly reasons. Please anyone that isn't myself or an admin, do not ban anyone in sports for anything that isn't blatant spamming. There is a notify mod button for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dids was given the power to ban wherever for racism

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with Did's ban. He should send you and the offender a PM so you know it happened - that was a small error, but Mat did give him that ability for a reason.

MEbenhoe 07-19-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dids was given the power to ban wherever for racism

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with Did's ban. He should send you and the offender a PM so you know it happened - that was a small error, but Mat did give him that ability for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

considering the post wasn't racist I see a problem with it. And seriously I don't think that power should be given to anybody, but if it was to be given out Dids is not the person at all to give it to, he is way too ban-happy and oversensitive to that stuff.

MEbenhoe 07-19-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly talking about blatant "I HATE BLACK PEOPLE" stuff, not like people that happen to make posts expressing potentially stupid racist opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think it'd be reasonable to implement a rule for mods to ban for racism outside of their forum for no more than 24 hours. Anything longer than that should be done by a red or the forum mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering these two quotes from the thread where Dids was given this power there really is no reason this ban should've been made and for more than 24 hours also.

*TT* 07-19-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
considering the post wasn't racist I see a problem with it. And seriously I don't think that power should be given to anybody, but if it was to be given out Dids is not the person at all to give it too, he is way too ban-happy and oversensitive to that stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of many posters who would be offended by bigoted statements, its not just dids who is "over-sensitive". You have to realize this is a very big forum with people who come from diverse backgrounds and walks of life, talk like that is offensive to some - it shouldn't be permitted and thats why Mat gave Dids the ability to call the shots when he sees fit - the amount of bigotry and racism on this forum really is a black eye on 2+2, cleaning it up when its obvious is a good thing.

PS: I welcome Dids to slap anyone on the wrist he feels makes a racist post in B&M, I trust his judgment would be correct.

PPS: I agree 24 hours is ideal and notification should be made as well.

Gildwulf 07-19-2007 02:40 PM

Does Dids have a heightened sense for racism or something?

If so, where did he acquire these special powers?

Nick B. 07-19-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am one of many posters who would be offended by bigoted statements, its not just dids who is "over-sensitive". You have to realize this is a very big forum with people who come from diverse backgrounds and walks of life, talk like that is offensive to some - it shouldn't be permitted and thats why Mat gave Dids the ability to call the shots when he sees fit - the amount of bigotry and racism on this forum really is a black eye on 2+2, cleaning it up when its obvious is a good thing.

PS: I welcome Dids to slap anyone on the wrist he feels makes a racist post in B&M, I trust his judgment would be correct.

PPS: I agree 24 hours is ideal and notification should be made as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG LOL