Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Flopped bottom set, turned full house. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520307)

pipernga 10-10-2007 10:27 PM

Flopped bottom set, turned full house.

How was my play on this hand? Did I maximize value, or was I a little out of line? BTN is 59/12/1.5, and BB is 35/4/1.
Poker Stars, $1/$2 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, BTN calls, Hero calls, BB checks

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, BTN calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, BTN calls

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, <font color="red">BTN 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, BTN calls

River: (18 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="red">BTN caps and is All-In</font>, Hero calls, BB calls

bosh 10-10-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Flopped bottom set, turned full house.

Flop is good, only thing i would be worried about is the button cold calling 2 on the flop and then 3bets the turn which is showing lots of stregnth. Because of that im not sure if i would have capped the turn all though normally i go 'zomg i have boat' and do it anyway. Unless they are complete idiots both should have a nine. Any more bets on the river would have been spew imo.

Gurravasa 10-11-2007 01:27 AM

We shouldn't care that much about what BTN does bc he is lowstacked and just want to spend his last bucks.

I don't understand why you cap turn and check river? The cap is ok, but you should at least bet/call river. If they would have checked through river it would have been awful.

inferno 10-11-2007 04:37 AM

yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oink 10-11-2007 07:23 AM

bet/call river. If BB keesp raising just call. He has done nothing but raise so far postflop so Q9 is a real possibility

pipernga 10-11-2007 10:51 AM

Thanks for your suggestions. I understand now that I missed a bet for value on the river, as I should have bet out. I was just a little stunned by both players reactions in this hand, as both of them had been passive thus far. Turns out both of them had a 9 with no full house and I won, but I feel I lost atleast 2 dollars value.

jba 10-11-2007 10:59 AM

why would you check the river??????

PokerSparky 10-11-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you check the river??????

[/ QUOTE ]