Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   JTs UTG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=167146)

Fiddler 07-21-2006 06:25 AM

JTs UTG

HDD crashed and took my PT database with it, no reads.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (9.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ...

At least it wasn't A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but really... will anything I beat call another bet? Is bet-folding worth it? Or check-fold if there is a bet and an overcall? Can I check-call if MP bets and CO folds? What if MP checks and CO bets?

ticenl 07-21-2006 06:28 AM

Re: JTs UTG

I would go for a bet/fold here, especially if you think both players are decent enough to not just chase overcards. They might have something like 99 and a flushdraw then.

But i'm new and still learning so looking forward to see some replies with arguments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Broom 07-21-2006 06:31 AM

This sucks. I think check and fold if it goes bet-call, but call if it goes bet-fold or check-bet. Uncomfortable hand.

DougG 07-21-2006 07:00 AM

If MP or CO had an overpair or TTT, I'd expect to see a raise somewhere -- given that two hearts fell on the flop, I doubt they'd let everyone continue to draw for free.

Looks like MP could have an underpair, a flush draw, A-x, or KQ. Hmm - hard to imagine what CO could have, cold calling a 3-bet preflop, then calling flop and turn. AK/AQ/KQs? TT being slowplayed? 99 or JJ? Some completely random weird hand?

I'm not sure that an underpair calls once the A falls and a missed flush/straight draw almost certainly doesn't, but maybe they'd bet and try to steal the pot? So, check and call if one bets / one checks or folds, hoping to lose this pot only 90% of the time.

Fiddler 07-21-2006 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go for a bet/fold here, especially if you think both players are decent enough to not just chase overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew nothing about the opponents but my gut reaction to the pre-flop action make me lean towards the opionon that MP has a clue and CO does not. But the post-flop looks strange since I would expect MP to either fold the turn or put in a raise somewhere most of the time. Maybe I should wait to raise JTs UTG until I get some better reads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sharpie 07-21-2006 07:10 AM

I'm check/folding if MP bets even if CO folds, and probably check/calling if CO bets.

MATT111 07-21-2006 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks. I think check and fold if it goes bet-call, but call if it goes bet-fold or check-bet. Uncomfortable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with 3 out of 3 statements.

I`d like to hear more about the flop. I think it is fine without a read - but I am not sure if it necessarily is the best line.

Fiddler 07-21-2006 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm check/folding if MP bets even if CO folds, and probably check/calling if CO bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is probably best. If MP tried to isolate I would have expected him to have folded a lower pocket before the river.