Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   raise call or fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520225)

hamnegger 10-10-2007 08:23 PM

raise call or fold?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB (t6485)
BB (t2135)
UTG (t2950)
UTG+1 (t1620)
MP1 (t1725)
MP2 (t5675)
MP3 (t4635)
CO (t2575)
Hero (t8150)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t450</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

go fish star 10-10-2007 08:25 PM

Re: raise call or fold?

Fold.

2p2J 10-10-2007 08:48 PM

Easy fold. He could be stealing but you cant really look him up with a bad ace.

donquay 10-10-2007 08:50 PM

reads (including sb)? How active have you been when CO has raised in LP? Just because CO is short doesn't mean he's not capable of stealing with KJ+, QJ type hands from CO. If you've been 3-betting players and he raises here it's a hand he'll felt with I think.

I don't flat it. If I'm doing anything I'll probably shove so SB isn't involved. But then again I always find ways to spew.

hamnegger 10-10-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reads (including sb)? How active have you been when CO has raised in LP? Just because CO is short doesn't mean he's not capable of stealing with KJ+, QJ type hands from CO. If you've been 3-betting players and he raises here it's a hand he'll felt with I think.

I don't flat it. If I'm doing anything I'll probably shove so SB isn't involved. But then again I always find ways to spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been pretty tight and not 3betting lp raises

stevematador 10-11-2007 01:19 AM

This is totally read dependent. A call is out of the question IMO, it's either a fold or shove. If you're not sure about your read on CO, just fold and wait for a better spot.

swede554 10-11-2007 01:25 AM

W/o reads I tend to fold A9. AT is close, and whenever I face a close decision I tend to get aggressive so I'll often 3bet AT here, but I don't know if that's any good or not. AJ I almost always 3bet with these stacks.

SengioKang 10-11-2007 01:49 AM

i think your main point of concern here is your very healthy stack. 75/150 your M is close to 36ish (stupid brain if i'm wrong cuz i'm too lazy to pull out calculator) which is as good as gold, combined w/ the fact that you are chip leadah (and have the 2nd stack covered by as much as most everyone else at the table has) gives evidence of an easy fold. also if he's pushing w/ an ace your ratio of aces beating to aces trailing is 7/5... 50/50 proposition to being a 3:1 dog

another huge factor.... OFFSOOOOOOOOOOOT..... 2 flush draws are not better than 1.

his raise and your cold call leaves you both open to a steal from the SB which you don't want and the BB might wake up w/ something shovable too. you're not gonna call another bet from any of those goons whether its preflop or postflop unless u spike trip 9s.

dump this thing (if you need to feel better about it, pretend it was a ___insert least favorite hand here___ ) and be glad u got away from the hand for free and weren't in the blinds and expect 2 more cards 3 seconds later.

of course if u wanna gamble it up it probably wouldn't be the first time A9 beat AQ or pocket 10s now would it???

black666 10-11-2007 06:23 AM

I would just fold. You don't have any reads, you've got a nice stack and there are no antes in the pot (which tightens villain's raising range).

With antes I'm reraising here.

Calling is out of the question.

Pokerfarian 10-11-2007 08:23 AM

If you're going to play don't shove for 6.5K over 450...raise to ~1250, obviously pot comitting against the CO {or BB} but allowing you to get away if the SB decides to play facing a raise &amp; a 3-bet, indicating a range that has you crushed.
As to whether you should play, it's very close &amp; any sort've read might change my play which, totally readless, is a fold.