Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   this cant be a fold. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=230272)

jordiepop 10-06-2006 07:41 PM

this cant be a fold.

unlike my last post. this has to be a call down with VERY live hearts and the pair. But i think id call down with no pair if the four flush came on 4th
7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls

Total pot: (14.35 BB)

Andy B 10-06-2006 07:43 PM

Re: this cant be a fold.

I don't know about a call-down, but unless there's something about the bring-in you're not telling us, I see no reason not to see the river.

MrBlueNose 10-06-2006 09:16 PM

Just be sure to take notes at showdown on what he has. Pairing door cards happens often enough that you should be making a note of how people play it, especially as people play them pretty much the same way every time. Knowing that helps the 4th street decision.

And I'd raise 5th.

frappeboy 10-06-2006 09:34 PM

This can and IS a fold. You have it mixed up, you should prefer to call down with the 4 flush, since it does so much better in the multi-way pot that is likely to develop on the party .5-1

jordiepop 10-06-2006 09:38 PM

your wrong but thanks for the help anyway

7csCB 10-07-2006 08:09 AM

Hey frappe_boy

"This can and IS a fold. You have it mixed up, you should prefer to call down with the 4 flush, since it does so much better in the multi-way pot that is likely to develop on the party .5-1"

hmm...Hearts are very live...and trip 7s beat trip 5s. 11 enticing outs. Other outs are trickier because of threat of trip 5s and possibility of already being up vs Qs or even As.

But I think ur right that having made 4 flush on 4th would be way nicer and "But i think id call down with no pair if the four flush came on 4th" (from original thread) seems to imply different or that's how I read it.

cheers

Andy B 10-07-2006 10:44 AM

A heart isn't an out. All it gives you is a draw.

Spladle 10-07-2006 01:34 PM

Post deleted by Andy B.

Beavis68 10-07-2006 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your wrong but thanks for the help anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing you posted this with an open mind.

SimonAllan 10-07-2006 01:46 PM

I fold fourth. I call fourth with a four flush here. A flush will win a lot of big multiway pots here. With the piar and three-flush, you only make a flush about 1 time in 8 (IIRC)when you don't catch a heart on fourth. Most of the time you end up with one or two pair, both of which are usually losers here.