Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   played AK vs a big big nit very out of line (thoughts?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498295)

nextgenneo 09-11-2007 12:54 AM

played AK vs a big big nit very out of line (thoughts?)

Alrite, disclaimer this is not how I usually play AK.

So the Vil is 22/2/1 and his att. steal blinds is 6. This is over a 2,000 hand sample so pretty useful.

I run about 18/16/5 over all. No particular history with this guy.

HERO dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K:[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Button <font color="#C00000">VIL $475.10)</font>
SB Frant1sekLipa ($361.50)
BB <font color="#C00000">HERO ($693.70)</font>
UTG pokertibor ($422.10)
UTG+1 oreily86 ($467.10)
CO jimmyford16 ($129.60)

Preflop: , pokertibor calls 4.00, 2 folds, VIL raises to 16.00, 1 fold, HERO calls 12.00, pokertibor calls 12.00.

Flop (50.00) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
HERO checks, pokertibor checks, VIL bets 40.00, HERO calls 40.00, 1 fold.

Turn (130.00) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
HERO checks, VIL bets 100.00, HERO calls 100.00.

<font color="blue">There aren't many flush draws in his range. He cant even have KQs so pretty much I think he is never flushing so I don't mind just calling</font>

River (330.00) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HERO bets 222.00, VIL moves all-in for 319.10, HERO calls 97.10

<font color="blue">So at this point I felt like I could rep a missed flush and he'd call with any ace he was raising. He might not raise AJ but he'd def raise AQ. Also if I check I think he'd def check AQ behind. Thoughts?</font>

limitnl 09-11-2007 07:58 AM

Re: played AK vs a big big nit very out of line (thoughts?)

3 bet preflop, bet flop, bet turn or check,push.

DonkBluffer 09-11-2007 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet preflop, bet flop, bet turn or check,push.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you will make money HOW if you 3-bet him preflop? His range is basically AQ+, TT+ or something sick. That means very little fold equity preflop and postflop. You probably should just c/fold if you miss and if you hit a K or A you still have to play very carefully, because if he gives you action, you're probably in trouble.

winningfish 09-11-2007 08:10 AM

I don't get why you play AK PF like this and TPTK like this flop/turn/river, whether or not villain's a "big nit".. what were you trying to achieve? As played, you over-represented your hand with the river bet and turned your hand into a bluff. His river calling/shoving range is quite wide because he knows that you would not have check/called flop+turn if you really had a monster hand, knowing that you know that he is a NIT.

fees 09-11-2007 08:20 AM

actually i think I check this river b/c i doubt he thinks hes beat.. but leading is good too

Darkfolder 09-11-2007 08:27 AM

Well, if you think heīs folding hands like AQ to a flop- or turn c/r itīs obv better to play it lite this but I think I probably lead both flop and turn if I decided to just call preflop. I doubt heīs firing AQ on the turn very often so I think you are chopping at best when he bet the turn. With that being said I think I c/f river as I doubt you can get him to fold AK.(Given how passive he is I think he checks behind AK on river)

ArdyJay 09-11-2007 08:28 AM

wow i like our hand, how do we lose!

Scipio 09-11-2007 08:32 AM

what do you think about bet/folding the turn?
I donīt think that he raises AK/AQ to heroīs donkbet, is that right?

JFsports 09-11-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">So at this point I felt like I could rep a missed flush and he'd call with any ace he was raising. He might not raise AJ but he'd def raise AQ. Also if I check I think he'd def check AQ behind. Thoughts?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is raising like 2% of hands, I don't think AJ is even in his range. Any ace he was raising probably means AK!!