Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   2 AQs hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=182269)

rt1 08-09-2006 03:17 AM

2 AQs hands

these hands are pretty much the same.

30/60 CP

Hand 1:
There is a straddle, UTG+1 3 bets, I 4 bet A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 people call, blinds call.

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
straddler bets, I raise, 2 folds, blinds call.

Turn is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet, everyone calls.

River is a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB Bets, 2 calls, I raise, SB 3 bets, 1 call, I cry and and call.

Hand 2:
UTG+1 raises, I 3 bet A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 people call.

Flop is Q32.
SB bets, I raise, everyone calls

Turn is 4.
Checks to me, I bet, everyone calls, SB check raises, I call.

River is 5. Checks to me, I bet, guy behind me raises, we are HU and I call.

After typing this hand #2 up it looks pretty useless to post. I guess I was just shocked at the results.

Ryan

private joker 08-09-2006 03:20 AM

Re: 2 AQs hands

I hate the river raise in Hand 1. Who in the world is going to put you on a 6, and who in the world is folding another A here? No way in hell should you be putting in 3 bets on the river when the SB wakes up and bets into that board. He has a 6 so often there that the river is closer to a fold than a raise, but I think it's a call far more than either.

Hobbs. 08-09-2006 03:21 AM

hand 2 looks fine.

I wouldn't raise the river in hand 1. I'd also likely take the free card on the turn.

rt1 08-09-2006 03:29 AM

Joker, what 6 does he have here? Also, I should mention the 2 people who called are total morons... I was trying to get value out of them (one of them called the 3 bets with T4).

edit oops, misread.

Yah I thought about taking a free card... I think I should have.

Hobbs. 08-09-2006 03:38 AM

depending on how big of morons the callers were raising becomes more appealing. Part of me probably leans towards a call because I know you got 3-bet.

what was your read on sb? can he have a 6 in his hand based on the preflop action?

rt1 08-09-2006 03:57 AM

Well he calls 3.5 bets in the SB... He is sort of a retard / gambler, but he doesnt call post flop without a piece of the board. no doubt he is a losing player thou. However, I know his 3 bet is a 6.

On the flop he checks and it comes back to him being 2 bets (with only 2 other people showing interest in the pot, who have bet/raised). I cant really put him on a hand if he calls, but I can't think of a 6 he is calling with... Maybe something like K6s? 67s? More often I expect hands like T9 or A9.

When he bet the river and the others called I figured that hes gotta have A(pair) more often than a 6. Him calling down here with A high is not unlikely either. I raised because we get 4 more bbs in the pot from the others. Sorta thinking myself thru this now... when he has an A I make 2 bets, when he has a 6 I lose 2... this of course assumes that both callers call (which honestly, I did expect them too... one of them for sure). That means we need to chop 50% of the time.

If 1 calls, its +1.5 when SB has an ace and -2 when he has a 6. So, for this to work he needs to have an ace (or worse) 2/3 here.

Also he doesnt think. He could 1) be bluff betting the river or 2) have a set.

edit: fixed f'd up math.

rt1 08-09-2006 04:01 AM

Let me know if I am right here... this means for this raise to work, 66% of his holdings need to not have a 6 in them.

drbk2 08-09-2006 12:24 PM

Hand 1: This pot is huge, you want to be sure you see a showdown. Bet call call in front of you generally means best case scenario you are chopping with at least one person. And getting 3 bet if you raised, which happened to you here, would absolutely suck. So just call the river.

Hand 2: Fine.

colgin 08-09-2006 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I should mention the 2 people who called are total morons... I was trying to get value out of them

[/ QUOTE ]

Even total morons who made one bad overcall on the river can usually find a fold on this four-straight board after you raise the river and (presumably) SB (with whom you are no better than chopping) calls. I don't see getting any more money out of anyone you beat here so I just call the river.

SackUp 08-09-2006 02:12 PM

Hand 1 - I take the free card. Don't think you have much, if any FE and don't think there is enough value in it.

I see where your head is at with the river raise b/c obviously you all cannot have the A, but with dopey waking up on the river with the bet I think we see a 6 too often here to put in a raise. 66 looks like a perfect hand for him to have here.

Hand 2 - This is how I usually play it. Would anyone wait to pop the turn since the pot is so bloated people are calling 2 bets on the flop no problem? Obviously, we need sb to be willing to bet out again, but if he continues on the turn this would be a decent spot to wait.