Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   5: More awesome times in Barrylyndon Land (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530520)

BarryLyndon 10-24-2007 06:32 PM

5: More awesome times in Barrylyndon Land

I lost. But, how did I play it:
Blinds 20/40
MP (4000)
Hero, CO (3000)

Only ones in hand.

MPfuckface limps, Hero with KcAc raises to 140, MPfuckface calls.

Flop: Kd 9c 3s

MP checks, Hero bets 240, MP raises to 940, Hero calls (because I don't want to blow him off a weak K this deep, but I do intend on getting it in on non Q/J turn.

Turn: 8c
MPFuckface checks, Hero bets 800, MP calls
(not really worried about much, want to lure him in.

River: 10s
MP goes all in, Hero calls.

MP shows K9.

Pwned?

EDITED: Jesus, you guys are ruthless. I don't have a handcoverter, I did it out of memory while playing, sorry!

jchauvin 10-24-2007 06:33 PM

Re: 5: More awesome times in Barrylyndon Land

2 pair is a pretty good hand in no limit texas hold'em but on the sites i play a flush is better. was the river the 9s?

Pokerfarian 10-24-2007 06:35 PM

Edit because OP was edited

Dunkman 10-24-2007 06:51 PM

I'd be making it like 200 PF because of stack depth (not that it would have mattered, but still.) I also would have shoved the turn, which would have mattered just as much. I'm usually just 3bet shoving the flop here against a villain of this quality, but the board is so dry that I agree with the call. Here's the thing, if he's limp/calling with K9 in early MP, then he'll stack off with KQ-KT here, so there's not much you can do.

BarryLyndon 10-24-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit because OP was edited

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be answering my OPs with substance considering that, although I put a little humour and sarcasm in my responses, I give content and pretty good advice in my posts. If this question seems simple to you, then that's fine, I thought I could have played the turn differently and put some focus on deep stacks a little better. Thanks.

Barry

BarryLyndon 10-24-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be making it like 200 PF because of stack depth (not that it would have mattered, but still.) I also would have shoved the turn, which would have mattered just as much. I'm usually just 3bet shoving the flop here against a villain of this quality, but the board is so dry that I agree with the call. Here's the thing, if he's limp/calling with K9 in early MP, then he'll stack off with KQ-KT here, so there's not much you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that's basically what I wanted to confirm.

Barry

gobucks27 10-24-2007 07:12 PM

I'm 3 bet shoving the flop..he's not raising a set like this..his range is wide enough that you beat most hands..get it in now..

kenny7 10-24-2007 07:20 PM

LOL,props for headline,that's quality!

I bet exactly what you did pre,exactly what you did on flop. I shove the turn though,and that would of course have mattered a lot in this situation.....

On the river I would actually suspect I was beat. Oh,don't get me wrong,I'd snapcall,but for the first time in the hand I'd be a little worried.

Meh,what can you do

helter skelter 10-24-2007 07:37 PM

Not on topic, but I have to ask this because everytime I see one of your posts, I wonder if that is your real name. I saw the movie a couple years ago.

Sorry, I have no advice to give because I have been on a tremendous downswing.

BarryLyndon 10-24-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not on topic, but I have to ask this because everytime I see one of your posts, I wonder if that is your real name. I saw the movie a couple years ago.

Sorry, I have no advice to give because I have been on a tremendous downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not my real name, lol. Kubrick ftw.

Barry