Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Check-behind tptk... and now he c/r AI (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537565)

raze 11-03-2007 01:17 PM

Check-behind tptk... and now he c/r AI

There are two huge fish on my right. Im 30/20 over 30 hands, and I haven't gotten to a big showdown or really put a dent in either fish.

Villain is 23/18/2.5 over 1k. No history with us.

I checked behind the turn to induce a bluff / make a large river bet to get a light call. I use this line a fair amount with a lot of success but I'm almost never c/r'ed here, so I'm confused on this board.

Party Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $606
BTN: $405
SB: $610.20
BB: $810
UTG: $191.75
MP: $888.80

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $6, MP calls $6, <font color="red">Hero raises to $36</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $33, 3 folds

Flop: ($90) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $70</font>, SB calls $70

Turn: ($230) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($230) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $170</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $504.20 and is All-In</font>

DanJ. 11-03-2007 01:38 PM

Re: Check-behind tptk... and now he c/r AI

weird, i dont have a lot of xperience in regards to getting c/r on river but they make me all squirmy and weak/tite...

i feel like hes only repping 99 and QJss...maybe KT but who c/r 2 pairs on river? maybe he could have 33 55 or TT dunno tho.

i dunno, i think i just fold it.

Fwiw i would bet the turn almost always, coz i bet it when i have air almost everytime, but if that line has been working for you then w/e.

Mossberg 11-03-2007 01:42 PM

I would bet the turn all day, especially against some TAG who I'm going to be playing with in the future.

raze 11-03-2007 03:14 PM

Fair enough - but let's pretend my turn check is super brilliant. River bet is a 100% must, right?

DanJ I agree with your thinking. Is he expecting me to bet the river a ton here? When he checks river, doesn't it seem to him like I'm trying to check down a pocket pair or a Ten here? My bet must really look suspect here... so why does he raise instead of just call

WelshChip 11-03-2007 03:17 PM

never ever good

DanJ. 11-03-2007 03:26 PM

ya, river bet is 100% a must if u check turn.

And yea, he probably thinks you have QQ/JJ/Tx/bluffs

I guess it comes down to whether you think hes good enough or has the balls to do this with air, coz i think the made hands he does this with is so thin that he only has to be bluffing small amount of time.

Albert Moulton 11-03-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked behind the turn to induce a bluff / make a large river bet to get a light call. I use this line a fair amount with a lot of success but I'm almost never c/r'ed here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line of thinking, above, makes sense. And your experience with this line is that most people c/c or c/f. So, when this guy deviates from the usual line for a lot of chips on the last card, then you should usually fold. I think he has top-pair beaten more often than he's making some elaborate river bluff.

Wayneo 11-03-2007 08:49 PM

This is really player dependant, more so than most other situations on the boards. I fold river, if he's bluffed me then he's played it great. But too much chance he has me beat. I quite like the check turn, but I also prob check river also, which I know is passive, but I think fine once you check turn.

aislephive 11-03-2007 09:09 PM

Bet/call turn all day plz.

As played prob fold, but I think it's a good spot for villain to do this as a bluff since our hand looks pretty faceup as one pair at best. I'd call vs some people for sure, though. In a vaccum I'd assume folding is better than calling, though.

More on river too probably if you check the turn.

Bit

Big_Jim 11-03-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I quite like the check turn, but I also prob check river also

[/ QUOTE ]
holy moly

wtf are you so scared of?