Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

housenuts 10-29-2007 01:28 AM

Re: Guitar Hero III

i've lost 3 times now to Lou on easy. i'm not very good at this game

yeotaJMU 10-29-2007 01:58 AM

anyone have suggestions for beating lou on hard? i beat every song in one try except "one" (lol irony) and have now tried lou for about 3 hours and i feel like i have no chance to beat him at all

waldo027 10-29-2007 02:09 AM

I played GH2 for a while on Medium and 4 or 5 starred everything, so I started on Hard when I bought GH3 today.
But I failed most songs within seconds on the first try, and after a lot of practice I got to Rock n Roll All Nite and couldn't pass the solo. So I dropped it back down to Medium and I'm rolling through the gale, but I feel like such a n00b.

Number27 10-29-2007 06:16 AM

I'm so stupid. I spent twenty minutes trying to FC the intro to Cliffs of Dover and was totally stuck on the OBOYOROGOROYOBO until I realized I was trying to hold the orange button down the whole time. DOH!

SirFelixCat 10-29-2007 06:38 AM

OMG....just finally beat this thing on Medium. TTFAF is laughable. Seriously. That's just stupid hard.

But Knights of Cydonia and Slayer are the two songs I simply haven't been able to beat on Medium though. Just thrilled I got thru One, finally and beat Lou on my first try [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brocktoon 10-29-2007 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG....just finally beat this thing on Medium. TTFAF is laughable. Seriously. That's just stupid hard.

But Knights of Cydonia and Slayer are the two songs I simply haven't been able to beat on Medium though. Just thrilled I got thru One, finally and beat Lou on my first try [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird, I crushed every song on medium (except Knights of Cydonia which took me 2 tries) but I've been playing Lou for about an hour and I don't feel like I have the slightest chance of beating him.

Nicholasp27 10-29-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could probably 100% it if I clip down the green button; but I don't want to have to break out scotch tape every time I want to play TTFAF.

[/ QUOTE ]

go get a Capo at a guitar store

GetThere1Time 10-29-2007 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have any of the other expert players here managed tapping the TTFAF intro yet? I'm new to tapping and suck at elbow strumming.

So far I can half-ass it on slower in practice. I could probably 100% it if I clip down the green button; but I don't want to have to break out scotch tape every time I want to play TTFAF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I do: Start by using only your fretting hand and then play the first 4 HOPOs. So concentrate on normally hitting the first R, Y, B, and then R again . After that second R, pick up the tapping with your strumming hand, index finger on yellow, middle on blue, and ring on orange. Takes some practice but the song is a bunch more fun to play when you can reliably get passed the intro.

mmbt0ne 10-29-2007 11:15 AM

To beat Lou it really seems like you need to learn how his song goes, and save your powerups for the most devastating times. For instance, we(friends alternating turns) beat it b/c right before Lou hit a rough solo we did a whammy and then a double-notes as soon as that's up. If you can pick up one more powerup while he's floundering that will pretty much destroy him.

MasterShakeJr 10-29-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm such a newb. i went out and bought this on a whim. playing on easy right now. i average about 3-star reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, but its still a blast!