Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   What Should Affiliates Do in Regards to the Absolute Poker Issue? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505730)

Pokeraddict 09-20-2007 08:40 PM

What Should Affiliates Do in Regards to the Absolute Poker Issue?

I'm sure most of you know by now the issues surrounding cheating at AP. If you do not know the active thread is here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

Let's keep this thread more along the lines of what affiliates should do or are thinking. A large poker affiliate forum decided to censor discussions on this so there needs to be an open place for this discussion. First I'm curious what the community is thinking so I made a poll. I made it for both players and affiliates so there would not be any double voting. It is getting close to time for there to be action IMO, I just want to see if others have the same opinion.

MegaRakeback 09-20-2007 09:38 PM

Re: What Should Affiliates Do in Regards to the Absolute Poker Issue?

Although I shouldn't say anything lol I am willing to bet that no affiliates drop them. Please note that I do not promote them now so I guess my vote doesn't count unless you consider Vegas which is a graveyard without the BBJ tables. I do offer UB though and no plans to drop that side of things.

I just don't think most are willing to give up income when they have bills to pay and mouths to feed.

I am happy to hear any players thoughts on this though....

R*R 09-20-2007 09:51 PM

So Absolute hasn't addressed this yet?. Amazing!

KEW 09-20-2007 10:07 PM

I am a player and I feel affiliates should stop promoting AP/UB NOW until the issue is addressed COMPLETELY and fully..IMO this issue goes far betong cheating,collusion and/or bots..

Pokeraddict 09-20-2007 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I shouldn't say anything lol I am willing to bet that no affiliates drop them. Please note that I do not promote them now so I guess my vote doesn't count unless you consider Vegas which is a graveyard without the BBJ tables. I do offer UB though and no plans to drop that side of things.

I just don't think most are willing to give up income when they have bills to pay and mouths to feed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thoughts and likely right on the money. I guess the market in the end will have to decide if there is a demand. I'm sure that will be dependant on how it is handled. I find it interesting the AP traffic has been slightly up since this broke but there are many fewer higher limit games. It's not likely this story would ever find its way to the more casual players.

MegaRakeback 09-21-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a player and I feel affiliates should stop promoting AP/UB NOW until the issue is addressed COMPLETELY and fully..IMO this issue goes far betong cheating,collusion and/or bots..

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say that I haven't got paid from a site as an affiliate, but you get paid as a player and are winning. Would you leave the site? What about if they were skimming from me?

PlayingNaked 09-21-2007 02:59 PM

I am an affiliate and have already stopped promoting AP/UB
-

MegaRakeback 09-21-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thoughts and likely right on the money. I guess the market in the end will have to decide if there is a demand. I'm sure that will be dependant on how it is handled. I find it interesting the AP traffic has been slightly up since this broke but there are many fewer higher limit games. It's not likely this story would ever find its way to the more casual players.

[/ QUOTE ]

PA-

What do you think you would have done with RRR? Would you have made the AP/UB offers come down from your site?

I think 95% of AP's database will never even hear about this issue.

freecard4all 09-21-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A large poker affiliate forum decided to censor discussions on this so there needs to be an open place for this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
bad stance. Who is banning this discussion?

BTW. I'm here everyday and hear about this for the first time!
(although I don't play there so ignore some posts)

Pokeraddict 09-21-2007 04:26 PM

Pokeraffiliateworld.com deleted the discussion at the request of Absolute Poker.