Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Folding FD + Pair raised pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555067)

Megenoita 11-26-2007 07:50 PM

Folding FD + Pair raised pot

NL 400
I open 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], get 2 callers. The BTN caller is a tag, not much experience with him but he seems pretty active post flop. Even given that, I don't see what he's raising that big on this board that I beat.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pot is 48. I bet 37 and he c/r's to 137. I fold.

I can only see him having 66, bigger FD/combo draw, or QJ.

Easy fold or weak?

jlocdog 11-26-2007 08:03 PM

Re: Folding FD + Pair raised pot

Assumming stack sizes are 100BB?
Assuming this is 6 handed?
Assuming you are UTG or HJ at the most with 2 callers behind?

Assuming all that, I ain't a fan of PF but whatever. I actually don't mind checking this flop for this exact reason. It often gets checked through since it seems like a prime/standard c-bet type flop. As played, I fold.

But this is all under alot of assumptions [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Megenoita 11-26-2007 08:07 PM

Your assumptions are all correct.

ender555 11-26-2007 08:12 PM

i dunno i'd be tempted to get it in here

Megenoita 11-26-2007 08:15 PM

I do think checking the flop would be bad unless I'm c/r'ing.

berserk 11-26-2007 08:40 PM

You are ahead of most flush draws, maybe not KdTd, and 66 is just a very unlikely holding given your hand. You also have 11 outs against QJ. I think its a pretty clear shove; also your action is messed up because you describe the villain as the button but then say that he check raised you.

Megenoita 11-26-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are ahead of most flush draws, maybe not KdTd, and 66 is just a very unlikely holding given your hand. You also have 11 outs against QJ. I think its a pretty clear shove; also your action is messed up because you describe the villain as the button but then say that he check raised you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right-he simply raised.

You have an interesting point about my being ahead of most flush draws...makes me regret the fold.

jlocdog 11-26-2007 08:48 PM

I have no idea how you guys come to the conclusion that we are ahead of most FD's. I would think Adxd is more common than any other diamond combo. He is on the BTN after all so ruling out calling a raise after another caller with Axd seems wrong.

Saying all that, if he does have a bigger FD then obviously you are ahead with a pair of 6's. You are 50/50 against AQ or a bigger FD. Point being, you might want to shove given overlay with dead money.

So I guess I change my mind...

JackAll 11-27-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold or weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold I'm gonna punch you in the eyeball.
Then in the other eyeball.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-27-2007 12:56 PM

pretty bad fold