Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   QQ in big pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453976)

sharpie 07-18-2007 04:13 AM

QQ in big pot

No real reads.

On the flop I don't think raising knocks out a 5 or 4 outer in a pot of this size, although I wouldn't mind an overcard folding, especially something like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Jx, or even a pocket pair probably, but I figured my equity wasn't great on the flop with the PRRer behind me, I also wanted to see what the PRRer did. Still, did I miss a flop raise? I haven't figured out how often my hand needs to be ahead in a large pot of a certain size multiway to raise for protection, is there math for this sort of thing?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero???

Oink 07-18-2007 04:29 AM

Re: QQ in big pot

I like your flop play if your intention was to raise a turn like this or other bricks.

As played I think you have to raise the turn now. Even flush draws will have a hard time calling with a paired board.

I am not sure about the flop tho. The pot is huge so getting any2 cards to fold is good. On the other hand you can prolly get folds much easier by waiting to raise a safe turn.

yourface 07-18-2007 09:12 AM

sharpie I use pstove when I'm trying to figure out my equity in a multiway pot.

agreed with oink that you should put in a raise to protect your hand here.

jba 07-18-2007 10:43 AM

fsd raise

Carmine 07-18-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sharpie I use pstove when I'm trying to figure out my equity in a multiway pot.

agreed with oink that you should put in a raise to protect your hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose hand is he protecting. BB would have to be an utter moran to lead a draw with the PF capper next to act when he is in perfect positon to C/R the field and raisng is not going to get any 8 or 9 out draws to fold obviously not to mention any one else who might be holding TP.

If you could gaurantee that raisng would get this HU than it may have merit but I think it's too much wishful thinking. The pot is 11BB. Big but not monsterous. I can't help but feel folding is better than all other options.

jba 07-18-2007 10:56 AM

i don't think folding is too bad. I think if we are ahead of bb and raise it's tough for a lot of kings to call two cold behind us so that's a huge coup. and I've seen plenty of moronic stuff in my life to think we might be good here.

jstill 07-18-2007 11:33 AM

yeah i can see arguments for both call and fold, but unless i know BB is really solid i raise. I see people donk fds and who knows maybe he folds KJ or someone folds a K behind us? doubtful but if i cant fold i fsd

KitCloudkicker 07-18-2007 11:34 AM

i would have raised the flop, but given your call i raise the turn now and check the river UI.

milesdyson 07-18-2007 03:26 PM

i dont think anyone has a king. i think mp usually has 2 or 3 outs. our queens somewhat nullify the 98 straight combos because we have JT drawing to 4 outs and there are less combos of QJ/QT. also if someone is slowplaying or has trip 8s now we get to find out without paying extra.

i call again here and love playing passively.

Carmine 07-18-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think anyone has a king. i think mp usually has 2 or 3 outs. our queens somewhat nullify the 98 straight combos because we have JT drawing to 4 outs and there are less combos of QJ/QT. also if someone is slow playing or has trip 8s now we get to find out without paying extra.

i call again here and love playing passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles I'm always interested in how others interpret situations. What leads you to believe no one holds a K