Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hand vs. 2+2er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501479)

midnightpulp 09-15-2007 02:00 AM

Hand vs. 2+2er

Villain may or may not know I'm a 2+2er. If he knows me, he should figure that when I bet into field on this board, I have at least AT.

The turn donk triggered alarm bells. He knows I have a T or better and doesn't seem to care.

Considering this, does anyone fold? I think if we were heads up, it's an easy call down, but he bet into the field and a PF raiser who's shown strength.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

sharpie 09-15-2007 02:07 AM

Re: Hand vs. 2+2er

No way can you fold. If he knows you have AT+ why wouldn't he go for the turn check/raise? I think it's a mistake to check 88/99 on that flop, and alot of 2p2ers will bet worse right or wrong, so he could think your range is alot wider.

midnightpulp 09-15-2007 02:15 AM

That was my reasoning, which is why I called down.

But on the flip side, if he knows something about my game, he may figure a check-raise would give his hand away and he'd lose me since I'd read a turn check-raise into a field from him as uber-strength.

sharpie 09-15-2007 02:17 AM

It's multiway so it doesn't matter that a turn check/raise turns his hand face up to you.

Gurravasa 09-15-2007 06:49 AM

Do you mean you would check AK on the flop? Do you really think villain think you're that tight? And if he thinks you're that tight he might think you'll fold AT when the board pairs and he has Tx or a FD.

Oink 09-15-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean you would check AK on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

At my stakes I would. But I suspect I get c/r a hell of a lot more there than you do at 0.5/1.

But IMO there is rarely a good time to c-bet overcards into 3 villains. And when you should its when the flop is something like 255

Gurravasa 09-15-2007 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean you would check AK on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

At my stakes I would. But I suspect I get c/r a hell of a lot more there than you do at 0.5/1.

But IMO there is rarely a good time to c-bet overcards into 3 villains. And when you should its when the flop is something like 255

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I thought it was 3-handed on flop. 4-handed I don't c-bet overcards.

Absolution 09-15-2007 08:30 AM

I suspect he thought your range was wider than it was on this relatively dry board and didn't want to risk a check through.