Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   WPT studio audience (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548624)

thenexthachem 11-17-2007 10:44 PM

WPT studio audience

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ever lined up for entry into the WPT final table recording. I'll be in Vegas in Dec for the Bellagio 5 diamond and wanna check it out. WPT website says doors open at 2pm, any idea how early I need to be there? There are just 2 of us going.

toutatis70 11-18-2007 02:17 AM

Re: WPT studio audience

I usually have a pass, but from what I have seen of WPT Las vegas tapings 4pm will be fine. They usually need 20 extras to fill seats and switch seats to due to lack of audiance.

thenexthachem 11-18-2007 03:28 PM

nice, how did u get a pass to get in? I'm surprised not more people would be wanting to go to this, typically how long does the filming of the final table last?

poker327 11-18-2007 05:17 PM

If they use the structure from the tournament, hours and hours. You realize the audience does not see the cards right? Watching these final tables is like watching paint dry.

thenexthachem 11-18-2007 06:57 PM

yeah i know it could be a while and u don't see the hole cards, just thought it'd be neat to see the taping of it, and i'm sure a lot of pros will be at filming since it's a 15k event.

fatshaft 11-20-2007 11:50 AM

I was at the WPT Championship taping a couple of years ago, 6 hours of mind numbing boredom (I left before the end, I couldn't taske any more). Glad to have seen it, but all the pre-recorded spectator shots where they want you to go "Ohhhhhh" or "ahhhhhhhhhh". Give me a break.

Under dog 11-20-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the WPT Championship taping a couple of years ago, 6 hours of mind numbing boredom (I left before the end, I couldn't taske any more). Glad to have seen it, but all the pre-recorded spectator shots where they want you to go "Ohhhhhh" or "ahhhhhhhhhh" . Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Does Macho Man Randy Savage run in and Elbow drop each player during it?!?

he might as well [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

peacefulpaul 11-20-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was at the WPT Championship taping a couple of years ago, 6 hours of mind numbing boredom (I left before the end, I couldn't taske any more). Glad to have seen it, but all the pre-recorded spectator shots where they want you to go "Ohhhhhh" or "ahhhhhhhhhh" . Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Does Macho Man Randy Savage run in and Elbow drop each player during it?!?

he might as well [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaacchuuuu gonna doooo when the Macho King sucks out on youuuu??????

Arnold_O 11-20-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ever lined up for entry into the WPT final table recording. I'll be in Vegas in Dec for the Bellagio 5 diamond and wanna check it out. WPT website says doors open at 2pm, any idea how early I need to be there? There are just 2 of us going.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't show up early and wait in that ridiculous line. get there around 7 or 8 and you'll be in in no time.

of course, i'd be surprised if people care enough to even form a line any longer

shaniac 11-20-2007 02:52 PM

Op,

Everyone who says that WPT tapings suck, and that you show up late and still plan on being bored, is correct.