Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AQo hit top pair on river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551629)

Sibelius 11-21-2007 05:35 PM

AQo hit top pair on river

SB is 50/11/0.8 over 80 hands

pf: hero is on the button A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
hero raises, SB calls, BB folds

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero bets, SB calls

turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero checks

river: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, hero raises...

markdeeznutz 11-21-2007 05:37 PM

Re: AQo hit top pair on river

if his agg factor is so low, what makes you think he's b/c a worse hand

milesdyson 11-21-2007 05:38 PM

i wouldn't raise the river because this guy bet into your AK but you actually only have a pair. also, i hate folding, and while he shouldn't 3-bet trips, he might just be dumb enough to do it on this board, and then i wouldn't get to see his hand.

Sibelius 11-21-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if his agg factor is so low, what makes you think he's b/c a worse hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I value checked the turn, so he might be betting with
89, K9, QK, QJ, Q9, KJ, 99-66, A5. Wich gives me about 60-40 equity.

I'm also not quite sure what 0.8 AGF means with guy with 50VPIP. Or what it means with this sample size.

johnnyrocket 11-21-2007 07:47 PM

yea his aggression factor is so low and he is not calling a worse hand to a raise, i think raising is very spewy here

acehole60 11-21-2007 07:54 PM

Easy call imo.

Hobbs. 11-21-2007 07:56 PM

AF is pretty much meaningless over 80 hands. Also, wtf is with this talk of a 50/10 not calling a raise with worse? Of course he does. That being said I think calling is best here.

thrasher789 11-21-2007 09:46 PM

Seriously, given his stats I have no doubt he'll call with (much) worse, but I still would't have raised here.

DrVanNostrin 11-21-2007 11:00 PM

What was his river AF? Many of these 50/11 guys have flop and turn AFs of 0.2 and river AFs of 4. They feel obligated to bet this river after you showed weakness on the turn, even if it makes no sense. Anyway, I for one like the raise as long as it's safe to fold to a 3-bet. If you assume you get paid by any pair your equity vs. his calling range is makes it an easy value raise. There are so many more ways for him to have a Q, J, 5 or low pocket pair than there are a T.

rzk 11-22-2007 03:56 AM

i don't see why most people dislike raising so much. our opponent most likely can't hand read. he didn't "bet your AK", he has no clue what you might have and is betting as a bluff or because he has some piece of the board. if you raise he will often call with a worse hand and you can very comfortably fold to a 3-bet.

drvannostrin,

you shouldn't be asking what his river AF is. he only has 80 hands, even his total AF is almost meaningless.