Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The "Halloween is ridiculous thread" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535449)

tdarko 10-31-2007 03:34 PM

The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

I have always thought Halloween was an over-celebrated holiday, not to say that we don't go overboard on every other holiday. I was talking to some friends the other night and we were talking about we dressed up as kids for trick-or-treating and everyone of us came to the conclusion that we hated dressing up and it was basically something our parents made us do. Also, kids get candy every day I didn't want to walk blocks and blocks for a kit-kat, f that I wanted to get off the couch, go into my pantry where I could find some good candy.

Halloween is catered for kids but is a much better adult holiday imo. Raunchy costumes and amusement is the only thing good about the day/night. The candy, pumpkins, store-packaged crappy costumes and the ghost stories are all super boring--they lose their luster quickly.

Haunted houses never worked for me either. I was either too young meaning that I was scared out of my mind and hated it or I was too adult for even the best ones and numb to the fiction of the house and found the whole idea stupid. Even the greatest haunted houses don't do anything for me and I have been to some houses that have been raved about-drove to f'ing far for them too.

Pumpkins are a way to steal everyones money. There is this pumpkin patch near my house and you should see these blood thirsty business people! On the outside they make it look like a place where kids can ride on a mini-train throughout the field, and the parents are videoing the great time and kids are picking out "their favorite pumpkin." wtf?! It's a pumpkin, THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME! So these doofus families are paying all this money for these non-special pumpkins and cheesy day in a field. [censored] stupid. I mean congrats to the owners of the pumpkin patch they are doing well but it is just proof that Halloween is ridiculous and people will do anything for a "holiday." People get this holiday fever and they really get it when they have kids.

I am just glad we took some stories overboard in the early 1900's and ran w/ it so that we could create this monster /rant

kutuz_off 10-31-2007 03:37 PM

Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

The one redeeming thing about Halloween is the Simpsons Halloween specials. Otherwise, it's pretty idiotic, yessiree.

4_2_it 10-31-2007 03:37 PM

darko,

I view Halloween as an excuse for woman to dress up in slutty outfits and therefore wholeheartedly endorse this concept.

blinden84 10-31-2007 03:38 PM

I'm not much of a holiday guy, but when compared to the following holidays, christmas, thanksgiving, easter, valentine's day.

well, only thanksgiving is more awesome because of all the food, the rest suck worse then halloween, and halloween is typically kind of fun for me, I like it a lot more then most days.

solids 10-31-2007 03:40 PM

Halloween is one of the top 3 easiest nights of the year to get ass. Girls dress slutty. Candy is awesome. Everyone acts crazy.

I like Halloween.

pokulator 10-31-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
darko,

I view Halloween as an excuse for woman to dress up in slutty outfits and therefore wholeheartedly endorse this concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

halloween is the best holiday we have going

tuq 10-31-2007 03:43 PM

LOL @ tdarko. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I dunno, I kinda like it. As for the kids, I grew up in a safe neighborhood where trick-or-treating was huge. I think it's awesome to see all the kids dressed up. My condo complex is full of old effers and has a no solicitor policy, so I often go over to a friend's house and hang out while the kids come by. We used to stay out later though - I remember knocking on doors as late as the 9PM hour; these days it seems they're done not long after 8PM. Two other things:

- someone told me this week that next to X-mas it's the most spent upon holiday all year. I guess all those costumes and candy and pumpkins add up if that's true. I know a house party last week that had about 200 people all in elaborate costumes, many of which were rented for $50-100+.

- this week must by high season for knocking off convenience stores if you were into that sort of thing. Come in wearing a mask, the clerk wouldn't even think twice about it. Say, come in dressed as Zorro or some gun-toting superhero or villain. Your face would never be on camera. I'm just sayin'. If I'm working at Circle K this week I may be packing heat.

tdarko 10-31-2007 03:44 PM

Women are easy every night gentlemen, please do better than this.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not much of a holiday guy, but when compared to the following holidays, christmas, thanksgiving, easter, valentine's day.

well, only thanksgiving is more awesome because of all the food, the rest suck worse then halloween, and halloween is typically kind of fun for me, I like it a lot more then most days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this I can lean toward a little. Holidays in general suck, I am anti-holiday in general and you pretty much took the words out of my mouth--Thanksgiving is my fav b/c of the food. V-Day is the worst, Easter sucks. Christmas you get good food again but have to deal w/ a ton of bs so that sucks. Halloween, no food and kids [censored] everywhere! Meh.

Runkmud 10-31-2007 03:45 PM

If for nothing else, women get one day to dress slutty. Therefore the whole arguement is dismissed.

I present exhibit A. (NSFW)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftSFqkPIKOI

TonyDanza 10-31-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Halloween is one of the top 3 easiest nights of the year to get ass. Girls dress and act slutty. Candy is awesome. Everyone acts crazy.

I like Halloween.

[/ QUOTE ]