Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   BBV4Life's will be done (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495827)

citanul 09-07-2007 03:21 PM

BBV4Life\'s will be done

no begging, no?

Dids 09-07-2007 03:27 PM

Re: BBV4Life\'s will be done

I'm not sure how different this is from the Crimson Challenge threads in OOT. It's like 25% begging/25% joke/25% Crimson Challenge/25% suck. My thoughts would be to let it run its course.

citanul 09-07-2007 04:08 PM

dids,

you can have it back, i'm sure, if you really want it, but i think there was a pretty 0 tolerance line for begging.

adanthar 09-07-2007 04:12 PM

yeah, please kill this thread, even BBV proper gets at least a couple of these a week I have to nuke.

Dids 09-07-2007 04:15 PM

k, I can get down with no begging. Thread must DIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Chump Change 09-07-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how different this is from the Crimson Challenge threads in OOT. It's like 25% begging/25% joke/25% Crimson Challenge/25% suck. My thoughts would be to let it run its course.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has always been my personal stance due to the potential hilarity, but it's been the BBV stance for awhile that these get the axe. Even though it's a message board equivalent of 'will work/humiliate myself and others for money' and not an outright 'gimme moniez' it's still a no-go due to the potential pandemonium a slew of these create.

MEbenhoe 09-08-2007 01:19 AM

to take off what chump change said, why not just allow these if they're rare and interesting, but if it turns into a slew of these types of threads crack down on them?

Chump Change 09-08-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to take off what chump change said, why not just allow these if they're rare and interesting, but if it turns into a slew of these types of threads crack down on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, another case by case situation. Still, I have a personal axe to grind against these because for awhile i've done little trivia/find me a video/etc.4$$ things and many of them get outright ignored. Thus, when a 'begging' thread pops up I have to roll my eyes a bit. Apt cliche --> Beggars can't be choosers.

Gildwulf 09-08-2007 11:03 AM

no begging, this is one thing I would NOT do on a case-by-case basis

it just opens up a whole can of worms and it's not worth it for the occasional decent thread.

plus you can have those kind of threads without begging. Ex: the tattoo thread in bbv.

Chump Change 09-08-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no begging, this is one thing I would NOT do on a case-by-case basis

it just opens up a whole can of worms and it's not worth it for the occasional decent thread.

plus you can have those kind of threads without begging. Ex: the tattoo thread in bbv.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in a similar vein, I really think that posters who start a 'i'll give you X$ to do/find/figure out Y' thread and don't follow through deserve very harsh punishment. This is probably the only thing that actually gets me ZOMG SRS BIZ ANGRY. It's not funny and it's not cute, it's [censored] grimming.