Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Babar made fun of me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541555)

NinaWilliams 11-08-2007 06:30 PM

Babar made fun of me

I showed this hand to babar because i thought it was funny. He said my river play is retarded and called me mean names. Button is milesdyson.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (14.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero c/c,

mvoss 11-08-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Babar made fun of me

I think you played it fine.

Heisenb3rg 11-08-2007 06:41 PM

I cant really put myles on a hand here because Im not a fan of not capping the flop or not iso-raising preflop with 55.. but if I were to guess his hand I think its very very likely 55.

Then again table conditions maybe made him just call something else...

sharpie 11-08-2007 06:42 PM

Any read on UTG? Does dyson overlimp K6s/K5s/65s, or even Q6s/Q5s? Surely he'd isolate with 55/66/KQ, and with you in the BB I imagine he's likely to isolate with a hand like K6s if he's playing it. He loves 65s so I'd probably donk tha riv, but I have no idea what hands he plays for an overlimp there.

yourface 11-08-2007 06:42 PM

what range of hands do you put the dyson on?
would be be over limping hands that can make 2pair or sets here?

I think he can have like 56s Q5s Q6s 55 66 and that's it

I think b/f the river is best. your hand looks exactly like a draw, and miles may not bet with his counterfieted 2pair hands. he may not call with them either, but the other guy prob will closing the action

I think when we c/c a bet from miles it is going in behind most of the time

milesdyson 11-08-2007 07:41 PM

full hand:

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (14.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button folds.

Tryptamean 11-08-2007 07:42 PM

i cant imagine him having kings full here, if he is full its gotta be 55/66, but id expect him to iso raise those as well. I guess this has a lot to do with his perception of UTG, but you're probably ahead alot and you should probably bet the river. I've only played with him a little on stars and he is certainly unpreditable/sometimes spewy, but I cant imagine him raising with less than a boat...

NinaWilliams 11-08-2007 07:43 PM

Your river play was what made it so funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Realyn 11-08-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he can have like 56s Q5s Q6s 55 66 and that's it

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i would also call q5s and q6s but fold k5s and k6s.

logic ??

milesdyson 11-08-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your river play was what made it so funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
i pride myself on it. now that i look at the hand again 65s is really the only thing i can have and you should bet the river. very easy fold to a raise that never happens.