Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Limit-->NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Would you consider laying this down? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555858)

feelixthegreek 11-27-2007 08:03 PM

Would you consider laying this down?

You are UTG+2 in a 9 handed live 1/2 NL game which up until now has been very calm.

One limper to you. You are dealt KhKs. You raise to 15, get three callers behind you plus the UTG limper.

Roughly $75 in pot. Effective stacks are $350.

Flop is KdJdTs. UTG checks. You lead for $40. Next player pops it to $140. Two folds back to UTG, who pushes.

You???

knockonwood 11-27-2007 11:28 PM

Re: Would you consider laying this down?

*grunch*

You would have to call wouldn't you? Villain are more likely to have 2 pair or a big draw than a made straight.

Man of Means 11-28-2007 12:05 AM

I'd consider folding it if I was pretty sure a) UTG has AQ and b) the other guy IS folding as well. Because against AQ you want the 3rd player in, to make your call correct with 30-35% pot equity.

In a game as you describe, it takes some fairly convincing evidence for me to think UTG doesn't have AQ most of the time. But I guess he could easily have AXdd or TT. And with 140 in already, if you call, the MP is probably calling as well, so I have a hard time folding this top set. CALL.

Usually bet somewhat bigger when you lead here.

halpgr 11-28-2007 08:27 AM

PSB the flop the first time around. As played get it all in when the action comes back around. You're ahead of KJ, KT, KQ and JT. If you're behind to a flopped straight then you have a redraw to full house and quads with two cards to come. Get it all in on the flop.

Ulkis 11-28-2007 03:18 PM

I would go broke with this one.

feelixthegreek 11-28-2007 05:13 PM

I'd go broke too. When I witnessed this hand I thought it was the worst fold I'd ever seen for a pot that big. But I wanted to see what others would think if they were in that situation, and so far there seems to be some level of hesitation to auto-pushing.

diebitter 11-28-2007 08:36 PM

sonic-boom call.

BadBigBabar 11-29-2007 03:18 AM

lol
calcalcalcall

UATrewqaz 11-29-2007 03:21 PM

Your SPR on the flop is 4.66 and you have a monster hand. Bet more on the flop, then when it comes back to you it's a pretty easy all in.

You're either a big favorite or a dog with decent odds against a straight.

Man of Means 11-29-2007 05:41 PM

oh wait i did the math wrong. Hero gets 605:310 to call and MP is often putting in another 210, making it effectively 815:310. Even against AQ this is a profitable situation. Against a slightly wider range it's a fist pump call. Clickety clank.