Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   89O BOUTTON (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515101)

sebastien 10-03-2007 09:13 PM

89O BOUTTON

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

VILAIN is a 20/12/5.5 fold to bb steal 75 about 60hand

Pre-Flop:8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: (4.5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls

River: (5.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Results: 5.25 BB Pot (0.25 BB Rake)
Hero mucked 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-2.5 BB NET)
BB showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON 5 BB (+2.5 BB NET)

Gib 10-03-2007 09:15 PM

Re: 89O BOUTTON

I might of raised flop, but as played it looks ok.

goebbelboy 10-03-2007 09:20 PM

Turn is close but looks like a fold. That card sucks.

NinaWilliams 10-03-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is close but looks like a fold. That card sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Underrated 10-03-2007 09:24 PM

Why wouldnt you raise the flop here ?

sharpie 10-03-2007 10:48 PM

Don't post results bro. I don't see any benefit in raising the flop. I agree with others that fold the turn.

jr4284 10-03-2007 10:58 PM

Why is everyone so anti-raising the flop? People are donking this flop with a very wide range of hands at 1/2. Raising the flop gives us a great shot to fold out a hand with tons of outs on the turn (overs + gutshot, or in this case overs + FD), or even fold out a better 8.

Villain is a nit, so I like the line: flop raise, bet turn after he checks, intending on folding to a c/r, but expecting him to fold a lot of the time. A turn c/r here is rarely a bluff from this opponent on this board.

Just calling seems like a way to be scared into folding on a ton of turn cards when he can be on SO many draws.

Might be a leak, but I take the lead on this flop and bet almost all turns, folding to a c/r.

sharpie 10-03-2007 11:28 PM

I think a better hand is rarely folding when we raise the flop unless a really bad card for him falls. Folding out a 7 outer on the turn might seem like a good result, but most of the time he'll 3 barrel and we'd rather him do that in a pot of this size. I doubt he'd fold the hand he had when he picks up a FD if we raised the flop.

We're not going to be folding a ton of turn cards, this one is one of the worst ones that could've fell. This is a benefit to calling as we can use better judgement when the turn card falls, having initiative on these types of turns is going to be awkward.

inferno 10-04-2007 04:53 AM

I like

Oink 10-04-2007 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop gives us a great shot to fold out a hand with tons of outs on the turn (overs + gutshot, or in this case overs + FD), or even fold out a better 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL? Those hands are never folding. Just call and let him barrel of those hands and prevent putting in too many bets when behind.

Stop raising flop donks with marginal hands HU!

Also, anyone who wants to fold the turn. Say to yourself 10 times after me

WHEN DONKS OR UNKNOWNS DONK THE TURN IT IS A DRAW ALMOST ALWAYS. I WILL NEVER FOLD A HAND WITH SD VALUE WHEN PEOPLE TAKE THAT LINE!!