Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bellagio Five Diamond Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543605)

Bakes 11-27-2007 10:07 PM

Re: Bellagio Five Diamond Thread

like 480

MrTimCaum 11-27-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by chance is anyone bringing an xbox 360 for fifa or n64 for kart?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cleaning my room at my house today and I uncovered my n64 and two controllers, but no mario kart. the only games i have for the 64 are f-zero x, international superstar soccer 98 (my favorite soccer game of all time, although I dont think I've played any soccer games since), wwf no mercy as well as wcw/nwo revenge, 1080 snowboarding, and perfect dark (no goldeneye, no idea what happened to my copy).

i also have a gamecube with 4 controllers, and I do have mario kart double dash. i also have a copy of mario golf somewhere.

chiTown22 11-28-2007 01:13 AM

lol, I paid my rent for over 3 months on double dash bomb matches. good stuff.

JP OSU 11-28-2007 01:34 AM

At dinner break now and ITM... I'm pretty sure that I'm 4/40... 71k avg is 35k... Sitting w/ Dutch Boyd...

Layne Flack in w/ a bunch of chips... Other notables still in include Michael Binger and Eskimo Clark...

If anyone happens to stop by, I'll be the fat kid in the Cubs hat...

ianisakson 11-28-2007 01:41 AM

basebaldy texted me at the dinner break saying he was 3rd in chips if you know him.

JP OSU 11-28-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
basebaldy texted me at the dinner break saying he was 3rd in chips if you know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea I know him quite well... We played today already and played for a long time at the wsop...

Foucault 11-28-2007 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea I know him quite well... We played today already and played for a long time at the wsop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he the guy I tried to bluff? Would be just like basebaldy to have KK there. Congrats on the money and good luck.

Dranoel 11-28-2007 03:48 AM

Got 32nd place. Money started 50th place.

Layne Flack cracked my AA's in a preflop all-in.

Had a great time- almost got deep.

Next time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JP OSU 11-28-2007 04:29 AM

21 left... I have 145k avg is 70k... Worst table ever sitting with layne, Dutch, nick binger and basebaldy

Assani Fisher 11-28-2007 05:00 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks to all of you for making this thread so great and informative. I really do appriciate each and every one of you, and I hope you have a great time while you're in Vegas. I wanted to ask a question, but I didn't think it was worthy of its own thread, so I'll just ask here: What are the side games like there? Are the tourneys taking up the main room or have they opened up the second room(forget the name of it)? Are there a wider variety of games being spread due to the tourney being in town(for example I'd be interested in a PLO8 ring game if I could get one going)? Thanks a ton for all of your help, and God bless each and every one of you.

Love,
Assani

Halfpoint 11-28-2007 06:46 AM

Just left B. Layne Flack, Binger still in..about 12-13 left... side games were standard black chip 1-2 NL/ LHE games downstairs, didnt check upstairs. $200/pt chinese game goin w/mr fillipi sittin. Lost half my BR playin 10-20 NL. The End.

Boothill 11-28-2007 01:19 PM

does anybody know how many chips layne has in the $1500 tournamnet?

JP OSU 11-28-2007 01:26 PM

Layne has 220,000... He is second behind Nick Binger who has 274,000... I have 175,000 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...

Boothill 11-28-2007 01:38 PM

thanks, this is the only place i can find any "live" info on the tourny, layne is my ex-brother-in-law, tell him hello from "brian in south dakota" he'll wonder what the hell is going on, good luck to both of you

Clayton 11-28-2007 04:38 PM

I arrive in Las Vegas at 9:30 PM local time tonight and am heading straight to the bellagio to get a safe or something locked up.

Hopefully I get to see JP take it down.

AceCR9 11-28-2007 05:30 PM

anyone know what the 1500 sats pay out in(chips?, automaic entry?)? possible to win more than one? if you win one can you sell it?

JP OSU 11-28-2007 05:37 PM

They give you an entry for the first one that you win, and after that if you win one, just show them your entry ticket and they'll give you cash for it...

THAY3R 11-28-2007 06:07 PM

...so....lazy...

AceCR9 11-28-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They give you an entry for the first one that you win, and after that if you win one, just show them your entry ticket and they'll give you cash for it...

[/ QUOTE ]

is the entry transferable?

StaticShock 11-28-2007 09:58 PM

How often are the SNGs going off? How's the competition?

MrTimCaum 11-28-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often are the SNGs going off? How's the competition?

[/ QUOTE ]

during today's 2k, sng sats for tomorrows $2500 were going off every 20 minutes or so. competition has to be nothing short of horrible.

anyway, i bustoed near the end of level 4, lost a coinflip to some old tard who was doing [censored] like limping K8o. AK < 66 sigh.

psyduck, mastr, fatalerror, daut, rainkhan, waco, marco, sbrounder, stammdogg were all still in with 100 left or so.

TheNewf 11-28-2007 11:49 PM

I get in tomorrow night. Am I right to assume there is no point to check out the Venetian $5K and just go right to Bellagio for the $3K on Friday?

Exitonly 11-29-2007 12:04 AM

the venetians now delayed to start at 3pm with late reg till 5pm. (i think)

on monday w/ no 5diamond tournament the $2500 got 48 people...
on tuesday w/ the first 5 diamond, the $2500 for 3, and was cancelled.

dunno what the attendnace was tonight w/ the new late start, but i'd play the 5diamond and then check out the venetian if you bust early.

THAY3R 11-29-2007 12:05 AM

Play Bellagio and then Venetian if you bust early.

Todd Terry 11-29-2007 01:50 AM

I'm about to bubble the $2K, 33 left, I have 9 BB's. Haven't seen a card over a T in a very long time.

mastr 11-29-2007 03:14 AM

I did bubble the $2k, you've probably now met me Todd Terry

Todd Terry 11-29-2007 03:18 AM

I actually snuck in the money and finished 27th. Got the payout at the cashier's window, turned it right back over to buy in tomorrow.

dtf13 11-29-2007 01:04 PM

Anyone know what the structure is for the Sat 5K??

2-day??? Starting chips??? Time of levels???

Many Thanks

Todd Terry 11-29-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Many Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

2 day, 10K starting chips, hour levels. Every event is 2 day, hour levels, starting chips = 2X buy-in.

dtf13 11-29-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Many Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

2 day, 10K starting chips, hour levels. Every event is 2 day, hour levels, starting chips = 2X buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

xker17x 11-29-2007 01:45 PM

whats the structure on the 2.5k events, is it 5k starting chips and how long levels etc

JP OSU 11-29-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the structure on the 2.5k events, is it 5k starting chips and how long levels etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

xker17x 11-29-2007 01:53 PM

oh whoops my bad

AceMason 11-29-2007 03:33 PM

Just curious, when you were down to four handed. What did you have vs Jimmie (skinny kid who won it) on the I believe 35KK board where you checkraised him on the flop and turn. Also what did you think of his play overall, and how big of a douche is the old guy who finished 2nd?

Clayton 11-29-2007 06:51 PM

I busted in my very first 21+ US tournament in the 50/100 level.

Had a poor starting table to start with Shannon Shorr and Thayer 2 and 4 seats behind me respectively, but a lot of live weaker players.

There were a whole bunch of uneventful hands, Thayer had a lot of semi-interesting big hands he got into and hes near the chiplead maybe.

I bustod on a 4600 or so effective stack with a overall tight, sorta aggro image (very nitty for me) by threebetting TT over a 300 opener to 925 and shoving over his fourbet to 2500 and lost a flip vs AK. It was a fairly standard hand given the dynamics of the table and my image versus his tag + high ATSB play (he said he read shannons blog and knew who thayer was).

To anyone that reads this, Vivek and myself are getting people together tonight for food soewhere. PM me for my cell number. We are prolly shooting for somewhere around 10 to allow for people who finished day 1 to wind down a little.

Gl al tomorrow

JP OSU 11-29-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, when you were down to four handed. What did you have vs Jimmie (skinny kid who won it) on the I believe 35KK board where you checkraised him on the flop and turn. Also what did you think of his play overall, and how big of a douche is the old guy who finished 2nd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the action on the hand went I raise to 30k w/ A9o, He flat calls on the button... Flop K75ss, I bet 44k and he called... Turn was Kh, and I checked he bet 110k, and I moved in for 120k more and he folded... Really one of the sickest hands I've ever played...

And I think he plays pretty well... His thing is that a lot of people think he's way crazier than he actually is... He gets a lot of action that he shouldn't because of the way he looks... And ya, the old guy Kelly was such a douche... When we were 4 handed He said he was the best player left and I almost laughed out loud... He was so by far the worst player left...

Todd Terry 11-29-2007 09:19 PM

Amusing bad karma story from the $2500 today. Old, miserable guy gets moved to my right, says under his breath, "I don't like this table, too many Asians." I'm the only one who heard him. Second or third hand he's there, he raises in EP, called by JC Tran in the BB. Flop: 5 5 4, I forget the suits. JC checks, old guy bets, JC raises, old guy shoves for a lot more, JC instacalls with Q5ss. Old guy tables AA, starts shouting for an A, doesn't get one. Of course I told the story as soon as he left.

Clayton 11-29-2007 09:40 PM

Today was a very testing afternoon, I think I took a cab drive 5 times today.

I have a good reason to believe that my cab driver from Panorama to Bellagio this morning stole the contents of one of my small luggage pouches [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but I could be completely wrong. Either way, I lost my charger cable for my laptop, which I use to charge my iphone.

So, today I went back and forth from the Panorama, then back and forth from the Mall to get all my laptop/iphone stuff.

Whats most infuriating is I'm missing a cable that connects my headphones to whatever audio device I use, and there wasnt a Sony store anywhere, so I have to use my ipod buds for now.

And just as I type this my sink is starting to make noises.

GAHHHHHHH

today has been the worst afternoon in a looooooong time, dinner tonight is gonna feel so great.

Annulus 11-29-2007 09:46 PM

did you say you have an iphone? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. just kidding, bro, things can only get better, glglg

augie_ 11-29-2007 10:32 PM

clayton, its times like this when it really pays to be a pothead