Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dusty Baker to be announced as Reds manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522497)

Case Closed 10-14-2007 01:53 AM

Dusty Baker to be announced as Reds manager

This is all over ESPN right now. So I guess the NL Central gets a little weaker with this addition.

g-bebe 10-14-2007 02:10 AM

Re: Dusty Baker to be announced as Reds manager

your 6666th post

i've always liked the reds. for all we know they'll win the central next year anyways

Russ M. 10-14-2007 02:12 AM

Tough break Reds fans. I project 250 innings for Homer Bailey next year.

LurchySoprano 10-14-2007 02:15 AM

I'm just happy he'll be off of ESPN for at least a year or two.

Dudd 10-14-2007 02:18 AM

Does Adam Dunn get traded? He is a notorious base clogger after all.

Edit: I now see the Reds probably aren't going to pick up his 2008 option and let him take free agency, problem solved!

LurchySoprano 10-14-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I now see the Reds probably aren't going to pick up his 2008 option and let him take free agency, problem solved!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I'm not a huge Dunn fan or anything, but the guy did hit 40 HR's along with giving an OBP of .386 and an OPS of .940. His option is only $12 million, what is the point of not picking it up?

Neuge 10-14-2007 02:32 AM

ahshdsdfslk;sakakasdfnjsa

MicroBob 10-14-2007 02:32 AM

I do not think Dusty Baker is the answer to the Reds' woes. Arrrgh.

Neuge 10-14-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I'm not a huge Dunn fan or anything, but the guy did hit 40 HR's along with giving an OBP of .386 and an OPS of .940. His option is only $12 million, what is the point of not picking it up?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Reds are completely retarded if they don't pick up his option. Though this Dusty Baker thing leaves a canyon full of doubt about their rationality.

The media rumblings in Cincy are almost always anti-Dunn (because they're idiots), but for some reason they've gotten more sane since the end of the season. It's almost like they're scape-goating Dunn for the team's woes, but deep down realize he's the best player they have. Dunn likes Cincy and has a good relationship with Castellini. I think they probably will pick up his option though, especially since Milton's ridiculous contract just expired saving the 10.5M a year already.

nutshot2 10-14-2007 02:41 AM

LOL.