Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Suspicious Flop Calls? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=158930)

cartman 07-11-2006 07:20 AM

Suspicious Flop Calls?

Villains in both hands are unknown.

HAND 1:

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero ?

HAND 2:

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero ?

What is your turn action for each?

If you bet, what is your plan for the rest of the hand if you are checkraised?

Thanks,
Cartman

phillydilly 07-11-2006 08:09 AM

Re: Suspicious Flop Calls?

hand 1,
bet turn and if raised, um, ug, call down?
aces, pairs, flush draws cant have a free card

hand 2,
check, play river accordingly
this is text book free card.
i may call a river bet even if i miss depending on gut feeling.

kurosh 07-11-2006 08:11 AM

These aren't suspicious. They are retarded open limpers. They're probably peeling with garbage. I bet both.

MATT111 07-11-2006 08:16 AM

These are both close imo.
I`d be more apt to bet in hand 2 because if i get c/red I have an easy fold on the river ui. So in hand 2 I only loose 2 instead of 3 if behind trips.
In hand 1 we may loose value from smaller pps if we check the turn. On the other hand we sometimes induce bluffs from hands that fold to a turn bet.

cartman 07-11-2006 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These aren't suspicious. They are retarded open limpers. They're probably peeling with garbage. I bet both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I correct to assume that you just call down if checkraised with the QQ and you fold unimproved on the river if checkraised with the As 8s?

MATT111 07-11-2006 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2,
check, play river accordingly
this is text book free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

It`s not. We have an open limper that called the flop on a board that probably missed him. We have what is probably the best hand. --&gt; A free card is more likely to help villain than us. If raised we have a good couple of outs.

kurosh 07-11-2006 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I correct to assume that you just call down if checkraised with the QQ and you fold unimproved on the river if checkraised with the As 8s?

[/ QUOTE ]Usually, yeah.

Scary_Tiger 07-11-2006 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

MATT111 07-11-2006 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. But in hand1, against a retarded open-limper, aren`t we gaining more by letting them bluff/catch 1 of their "outs" on the river?

Spy Dog 07-11-2006 11:00 AM

I check both of these hands on the turn. I call the river in both hands, also.