Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100 2-pair - fold turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370651)

Paul Thomson 04-02-2007 09:52 PM

NL100 2-pair - fold turn?

No reads.

There aren't many hands that beat me that should be in his range. I just don't know what other hands raise the turn. And given that I'm out of position... I folded.

Stack sizes are somewhat deeper than normal.

thoughts on all streets obliged.

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.50/$1 Blinds
5 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
<font color="black">Hero (SB): $166.20</font>
<font color="black">BB: $100</font>
UTG: $107.95
<font color="black">CO: $73.10</font>
<font color="black">BTN: $145.95</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.50, 5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4, 4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3, BB folds, CO calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($13, 3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls $10, <font color="red">BTN raises to $50</font>, 2 folds

mikechops 04-02-2007 10:25 PM

Re: NL100 2-pair - fold turn?

I'd at least call. This is so often a bare jack or QT.

The Velour Fog 04-02-2007 10:38 PM

pretty ugly spot.. we're ahead of Q10 and KJ or a weirdish played AK.. and thats about it. a bare jack would rarely play it like this imo, and if villain was that aggro we should have a read on that by now.

still, im a pay off wizard and usually call this and hope i can get a showdown relatively cheap. usually i dont only to see 22, AJ, KQ, J9 etc

folding is not wrong imo

Paul Thomson 04-02-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd at least call. This is so often a bare jack or QT.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think a bare jack just calls the turn?

mikechops 04-02-2007 11:47 PM

Sorry I mean J + pair. KJ/QJ/JT. It's a good spot for a semi-bluff with 8 straight outs, 2 trips and a 3 two pair outs - of course he doesn't know that not all of them are going to be clean.

Paul Thomson 04-02-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I mean J + pair. KJ/QJ/JT. It's a good spot for a semi-bluff with 8 straight outs, 2 trips and a 3 two pair outs - of course he doesn't know that not all of them are going to be clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought of that and thought that made up a large % of his hand. Given preflop actioin...and I really really wanted to call it. I think he either has JT or 22 the vast majority of time. But I think JT calls alot there also. But then I thought every once in a while he has AJ or KQ.

And stack sizes are really awkward. I kinda hate a call oop. I almost like a push better.