Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   where should i play today? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546031)

piggity 11-14-2007 01:51 PM

where should i play today?

I'm going to have maybe 5-6 hours to kill this afternoon. I only play LHE. I look to the good people of B&M to help me decide where to go.

Bay 101
--
Pros: 40/80, 1/2
Cons: 1 hour+ drive

Artichoke Joe's
--
Pros: 20 minute drive
Cons: 15/30, Chinese only at the tables

piggity 11-14-2007 04:41 PM

Re: where should i play today?

not counting my own vote, the votes are evenly split so far! very exciting. please to vote tyvm.

driverseati 11-14-2007 07:23 PM

Artichoke Joes since it seems good for the wallet.

Garland 11-14-2007 07:40 PM

I voted for Artichoke Joes, cause I don't want you at my table [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Garland

frommagio 11-14-2007 09:28 PM

I voted Artichoke Joe's, because I was outdrawn repeatedly at Bay 101 last time.

Garland 11-14-2007 09:41 PM

You forgot one pro for Artichoke Joes: $3 rake + $1 jackpot vs. Bay 101 $5 rake, no jackpot.

One con for Artichoke Joes $15/$30: No shufflemaster...all hand shuffle.

Oh, and all Chinese at the table isn't so bad...[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Garland

piggity 11-15-2007 12:08 AM

RESULTS

Thank you for participating, everyone. I just got back from AJ's. I put on a good show, managing to convince half the players on my table to straddle for several rounds. On more than one occasion there was a "live 45" on top of the "live 30" straddle. The best part was that the most clueless of the fish were practically begging me to stay as I was racking up their chips to leave. Who says live poker is boring?

Halfpoint 11-15-2007 12:24 AM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for participating, everyone. I just got back from AJ's. I put on a good show, managing to convince half the players on my table to straddle for several rounds. On more than one occasion there was a "live 45" on top of the "live 30" straddle. The best part was that the most clueless of the fish were practically begging me to stay as I was racking up their chips to leave. Who says live poker is boring?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured out that I need to write more trip reports. It seems that anyone who goes to play poker with the the realization that they are gonna write a trip report is guaranteed to win.

piggity 11-15-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You forgot one pro for Artichoke Joes: $3 rake + $1 jackpot vs. Bay 101 $5 rake, no jackpot.

One con for Artichoke Joes $15/$30: No shufflemaster...all hand shuffle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points, Garland. Although they apparently recently changed the qualifier for the jackpot to quad 8s or better! Also why are they using shuffle machines for 3/6 and 6/12 but not 15/30? Seems so backward. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

piggity 11-15-2007 01:23 AM

Re: RESULTS

Well I did get pwnd pretty hard on this hand:

I open A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG, get coldcalled in three places, and both blinds come along for the flop of

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, two callers.
Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], yay, I bet, one caller (button).
River 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet, and button raises.

As I'm getting ready to muck to his obvious flush, he pipes up and says "should I show you one card?" "Sure," I say and he shows me a 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I stare at the board thinking the only hand I can't beat is a 74, and since the 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is on the board surely he couldn't have called two cold preflop with 74o, right? So I call.

I'm dumb.