Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   lhe cashmoney - do we ever induce a bluff here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451141)

yourface 07-14-2007 06:03 PM

lhe cashmoney - do we ever induce a bluff here?

villain is unknown

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, SB calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)

do we ever induce a bluff on this river by checking?

bbbushu 07-14-2007 07:39 PM

Re: lhe cashmoney - do we ever induce a bluff here?

1 time in 7? probably

MasterLJ 07-14-2007 10:08 PM

More times than he calls with a worse hand imo, which makes checking better.

Scary_Tiger 07-14-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More times than he calls with a worse hand imo, which makes checking better.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetjazz 07-15-2007 06:01 AM

A lot of draws will have bluff raised at the pot at some earlier point in the hand. I think it is very read dependent whether to check/call or check/fold the river, but I would strongly consider check/folding here. Unfortunately, you bloated the pot with a pretty poor hand, so now you're reduced to guessing a frequency that is very hard to estimate.

My default play with A6o OOP would be to call the raise before the flop and check/fold this particular flop.

Much as it pains me to say this -- as I have made quite a tidy sum off of players 3betting Axo OOP and inevitably making big errors postflop -- but 3betting Axo OOP should be the exception rather than the rule. I probably 3bet it about 10% of the time, probably less than that if we restrict to x &lt;= 6.

yourface 07-15-2007 03:07 PM

sweetjazz, even premium aces?

sweetjazz 07-15-2007 04:01 PM

yourface, with Axo OOP preflop, I would 3bet AKo close to 100%, AQo 95%+, AJo 90%+, ATo 75%+, A9o about 50%, A8o 25%-, A7o 10%-, A6o 5%-, A5o 5%-, A4o - A2o almost never.

Premium aces are SOOOOO much better than weak aces. For one, you are on the plus side of domination. This is especially important for Ax hands because it's not only when you both flop a pair of As and your kicker plays, but also those times when you both end up with and showdown A high unimproved. Second, with weak aces and initiative you are much more frequently betting when behind with only 3 outs. With a good kicker, you often have 6 outs and if broadway cards are on board, you sometimes have 10 outs.

When I talk about not 3betting Axo I am really thinking A7o and worse, though A8o and to a lesser extent A9o can also be included in that comment to a lesser degree.