Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Getting away with KK or a different line (NL25) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342461)

EDonk 02-27-2007 11:46 AM

Getting away with KK or a different line (NL25)

No history with the villian yet, have only been at the table for maybe 2-3 orbits. After the session, villian's stats were (over 100 hands): 29.4/8.4/.72. Would this change your analysis at all?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $25
BB: $28.85
UTG: $25.95
UTG+1: $18.45
Hero (MP1): $27
MP2: $34.85
CO: $22.70
BTN: $5

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.35, 8 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.65

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.35, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, UTG+1 calls all in for $12.95
Uncalled bet of $0.05 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($37.25, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($37.25, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
UTG+1 had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and won $35.40
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings)
Final Pot: $35.40 ($1.85 rake)
My thoughts at the time were that my raise all in would accomplish two things... 1) since he underbet the pot given the diamond draw, I thought he might have been trying to buy a cheap draw so I didn't want that 2) if he's not on the draw, I may get paid off by JJ-1010, or AQ because I think my line looks like a semi-bluff with the flush draw.

I thought if I raised him to like 7 bucks or something, it gives him the right odds to draw for his flush and even if he moves all in for 8 more or whatever, my odds will be too good to fold. Am I right or is this a leak in my game? I'm losses have been pretty big lately with KK/AA but it could just be variance.

Dave I 02-27-2007 11:57 AM

Re: Getting away with KK or a different line (NL25)

This is fine.

InfectorGadget 02-27-2007 11:59 AM

First, dont include results in your hand.

And no, this is fine. Your bet is a PSB and that is good. He could call with AQ/KQ/draws and maybe some other weird hands.

danicalifornia 02-27-2007 12:02 PM

I think ur line is ok. Most of the time ur ahead with ur kings. He was just lucky to hit his Queen..

Montezuma21 02-27-2007 12:06 PM

IMHO both you and villain lpayed this hand well