Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Are the makers of BioShock huge gambling degens and BBV lurkers?!? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509962)

goofyballer 09-26-2007 03:56 PM

Are the makers of BioShock huge gambling degens and BBV lurkers?!?

Those of you playing through the new video game "BioShock", one of the best-reviewed games of the year, may have noticed a trend later in the game which leads me to wonder whether certain members of the Irrational Games development team may be right here in our midst. Judge the evidence for yourselves (this is all dialogue spoken by characters in the game):

[ QUOTE ]
Anya Andersdotter: Me. An assassin... that's rich. I could have gone along, I suppose. Spliced up, forgot. I believed in this place. I believed in Ryan. But when it got hard, Ryan didn't believe in Rapture, didn't believe in the Great Chain. He believed in power. And now this place is busto. And my girl is... gone... worse than gone... one of those... things. So am I an assassin? ...Well, only one way to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Paparazzi: Looks like things have gone busto between Fontaine and his little German beanpole. Why a guy like Fontaine would waste his time with that spooky Kraut when he could be gettin' the gravy from any dish he chooses is beyond the understanding of this paparazzi. Even reset the door code to 5744, maybe to be double-sure that beanpole don't sprout up in his yard again...

[/ QUOTE ]

Predicting Grimstarr's demise?

[ QUOTE ]
Frank Fontaine: You're playing a bad hand, kid! You're just too spliced to smell it! Roll on back to Mother Goose now, or everything's gonna go busto!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cumulonimbus 09-26-2007 04:01 PM

Re: Are the makers of BioShock huge gambling degens and BBV lurkers?!?

HAHAHA THE CIRCUS OF VALUUUUEE

NoMeansYes_ 09-26-2007 04:48 PM

I love you avatar goofy. I also love you.

goofyballer 09-26-2007 04:55 PM

I love you too, but I still have no idea why you named your 2+2 account after jfish's (very) old Party nickname. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ImsaKidd 09-26-2007 05:04 PM

They actually said busto?

Stake Monster 09-26-2007 05:13 PM

Bioshock made me wet my pants.

Stake Monster 09-26-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. but busto as in destroyed.

goofyballer 09-26-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. but busto as in destroyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a common meaning of the word? "Busto" is not in the dictionary, and urban dictionary only has 2 defintions: the poker definition, and "a busted/slutty chick."

I definitely think they could be using it in a "Rapture is busto, lol" sense.

Cumulonimbus 09-26-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHA THE CIRCUS OF VALUUUUEE

[/ QUOTE ]