Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Live $2/$5 hand: combo draw oop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212162)

Blizzardbaum 09-14-2006 01:51 PM

Live $2/$5 hand: combo draw oop

I played this hand about a week ago at the Borgata. I've just been moved to the table from a must-move and I'm sitting with about $575. I don't know anything about the villain in this hand other than he has about the same amount as I do.

I have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. There are two EP limpers and then Villain makes it $25. Folds to the button who calls, SB folds, I call the extra $20, and both EP limpers call.

5 to the flop ($127):
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What is my best line at this point? How many people like leading out here vs c/r or c/c? What if the effective stack sizes are $1000 instead of ~$575?

fwiw, I'm only interested in post flop advice. Calling pf raisers oop with K high is something I do almost never.

NT! 09-14-2006 01:55 PM

Re: Live $2/$5 hand: combo draw oop

I'd probably go for a lead hoping to 3-bet shove. Or you can go for the c/r shove if villain is likely to bet the flop if checked to but not that likely to raise.

NT

mjtandy 09-14-2006 02:10 PM

You have many options here but personally i would go for a check-raise. If he calls you and you hit your flush on the turn you've got it pretty well concealed, plus if you lead out on the turn he might shove to represent the flush. You may also be able to get him lay down AK, KQ on the flop if he is a pretty weak player.

mrh86 09-14-2006 02:10 PM

The pot is too big to b/3b AI, so I'd probably checkraise AI.

Yads 09-14-2006 02:14 PM

CRAI. Oh and fold PF, your relative position isn't great and you have no reads against this guy. Don't play readless OOP with weak hands.

mindless 09-14-2006 02:14 PM

Ok, this is an interesting hand. At first I thought you should just go for bet-3bet, but upon more thought, I don't like that line. First, if he raises your bet given stack sizes (say you bet ~100, if he's raising to 300 or something, he's not folding AK for another 250 more) you have no folding equity. I think instead you should check and simply call. Lead a heart turn, checkraise an 8, and if you get a K you're either going broke to AK or not getting much more out of AA. Also, this allows the PFR to bluff with QQ or JJ. I don't like a checkraise because I don't think you've got much folding equity against AK/AA/KK, and it folds out any hands that you're ahead of (QQ/JJ) though if the EP limper has something like KT and check-calls that would suck when the PFR has QQ.

If you were deeper and had more money in your pocket to rebuy, then I like hte bet-3bet because you ahve more folding equity, since a lead of ~100 gets raised to ~350 or so, and then you can push all in and make it a real raise.

Lucky 09-14-2006 02:20 PM

In this raised pot, i like either c/c or c/r all in, as stacks are about right for it.

The problem with betting is you are likely to get called/raised and you wont like either, as you're certainly behind. If someone has AK/KQ, you probably get them to fold with c/r. If you bet, they call, and you're in tough spot on turn. If raised big after you bet flop, you have to fold.

In this hand, i'm probably leaning toward c/c because of your bad relative position. If its check to pfr he bets, still 2 players who may have big hand to act. If pfr acted first, then limpers folded to you, i'd like c/r better.

Blizzardbaum 09-14-2006 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and fold PF, your relative position isn't great and you have no reads against this guy. Don't play readless OOP with weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I thought I covered that in the OP but suffice it to say this is not my standard line with K high in the BB.

Blizzardbaum 09-14-2006 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this hand, i'm probably leaning toward c/c because of your bad relative position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really that bad if I crai and then get called by one of the ep limp/callers with 22/44? Obviously I'm more of an underdog but there is the overlay from the pf raiser and the chance that he calls with AK getting sick odds.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: If I c/c and the turn bricks, I have to c/f, right? That seems like a bigger mistake given the stack sizes.

Blizzardbaum 09-14-2006 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a checkraise because I don't think you've got much folding equity against AK/AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

I have exactly 0 fold equity against KK because it is the nuts. I don't think KK is likely, though, because that means the case K is on the board.

How much FE do I need/care to have against AA/AK? I'm 45% against AK and 50/50 against AA here.