Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   vbet or induce on river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534089)

JDalla 10-29-2007 06:54 PM

vbet or induce on river?

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks. (was playing 8 tables, would usually bet this).

Turn: (2 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB INSTAcalls.

River: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

I figured his range on the river is roughly: two spades, 5x, 6x, Ax, 34, 78, 22-44. Villian is unknown.

would c/c be better here?

Tryptamean 10-29-2007 07:53 PM

Re: vbet or induce on river?

I find myself in similar spots when I defend BB vs the button and he checks behind. If I pick up a pair, I strongly consider check raising.

In this spot, he still has most of his range and particularly, most of the bottom of his range. He will bet a LOT of it after you check twice, so I would check-raise the turn here and bet it down.

whodaman 10-30-2007 01:46 AM

I think not betting this turn would be very very bad.
I think they check behind a lot assuming your getting tricky or will call down with Ace high.
I have mixed emotions about river but i would bet,to induce K high calls. The only thing making me want to c/c is you never have to deal with getting raised on the river.

StrictlyStrategy 10-30-2007 02:24 AM

Super-easy bet. He's probably not stupid enough to check, call, call, bluff 1bet the river in position here, so just bet and laugh when he calls with K9hh or something retarded.

Crusher19 10-30-2007 06:29 AM

i fire the river all the time in this spot, but i do think your a little of on the villains range. you honestly think he wouldnt 3 bet pre flop or bet the flop with small pocket pairs 22-44? and he definitely betting a 5 on the flop. i think you can take those out of the range.

vmacosta 10-30-2007 09:20 AM

no way he checks spades on this flop.

Nietzsche 10-30-2007 10:08 AM

Definitely check to induce a bluff imo. Your strange flop check dictates it because from villains perspective a river check from you indicates a very weak hand that will often fold while a bet indicates a super strong hand. In his position I would be inclined to fold a 5 if you bet while I would bet it if you checked. The same goes for K high, not to mention missed draws.

JDalla 10-30-2007 12:53 PM

I don't think he fires K hi on the river if checked to, since it has some SD value.

... and he did check 2 spades on the flop.

Tryptamean 10-30-2007 01:59 PM

Given how you got to the river, I think BB would have to be crazy to bluff.

I still like a turn c/r. Lets see him try to check behind spades two times!

vmacosta 10-31-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he fires K hi on the river if checked to, since it has some SD value.

... and he did check 2 spades on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
should have known when i make a statement like that with nothing to back it up that i'd be wrong. still i wonder if your reasons for posting were results-oriented.