Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Blood Sports Poll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465964)

Felix_Nietzsche 07-31-2007 08:52 PM

Blood Sports Poll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock_fighting

In light of the Michael Vick situation I thought it might be interesting to have a poll on blood sports. Personally I have no problem with some blood sports (bull fighting and rooster fighting). Even George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were fans of rooster fighting. And Thomas Jefferson ( the greatest US president EVER!) was worth a thousand Bill Clintons... In many countries rooster fighting is mainstream entertainment. People will eat chicken and hamburgers everyday but never think what people do to these animals in slaughter houses to harvest their meat...

Lets face it. Some animals are.....well animals....and are programmed to fight. It is imprinted on their brains (roosters). So it OK to watch them kill each other if your seeing it on the Discovery Channel but it is bad if you organize the event yourself. Just check out youtube and watch male lions killing other lions (even female lions) and eating them.

With regard to dogs, I put "man's best friend" in a special category... Anyway...here is the poll.

Taraz 07-31-2007 09:01 PM

Re: Blood Sports Poll

How can anyone have different answers for these questions? It seems like it's all one question, no?

NickMPK 07-31-2007 09:33 PM

I don't personally have a big problem with any of these, although I would never watch them. However, I would support banning them if that is what the majority of people in the state want.

guids 07-31-2007 09:47 PM

Taraz, and NickMPK basically summed up my thoughts.

Felix_Nietzsche 07-31-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't personally have a big problem with any of these, although I would never watch them.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a respectible position to have...

[ QUOTE ]
However, I would support banning them if that is what the majority of people in the state want.

[/ QUOTE ]
!!!!!????? Do you not have any political principles? Do you not have a backbone and are willing to protect your beliefs? I hope you don't vote.....

GoodCallYouWin 07-31-2007 10:08 PM

Human fighting :

[x] Completely Agree.

qwnu 07-31-2007 10:10 PM

I think it's interesting that there seems to be no middle ground for most people on these issues. At this writing only 9 of 45 votes (20%) are not one of the extremes.

Copernicus 07-31-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't personally have a big problem with any of these, although I would never watch them.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a respectible position to have...

[ QUOTE ]
However, I would support banning them if that is what the majority of people in the state want.

[/ QUOTE ]
!!!!!????? Do you not have any political principles? Do you not have a backbone and are willing to protect your beliefs? I hope you don't vote.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps his overriding political principle that he has a backbone for and is willing to protect is democracy.

NickMPK 07-31-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this issue was actually on a ballot, and was the only issue on the ballot, I probably would not vote.

Felix_Nietzsche 08-01-2007 12:23 AM

Good answer.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]