Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Mizzou VS KU football thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549332)

KUJustin 11-19-2007 03:07 PM

Re: Official Mizzou VS KU football thread

PS - There's no assurance that the winner will play Oklahoma at this point. That's all up to OSU.

PPS - I'll try not to derail this thread, but for those who interested this article is kind of scary

dkgojackets 11-19-2007 03:09 PM

Everything I read about this makes me want both teams to lose so much more.

RunDownHouse 11-19-2007 03:17 PM

There's nothing a sharp likes more than to see a public dog - on the road! - and already we've got all but one person predicting a Tigers win. If this keeps up, it's an easy KU win.

pirateboy 11-19-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing a sharp likes more than to see a public dog - on the neutral field! - and already we've got all but one person predicting a Tigers win. If this keeps up, it's an easy KU win.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

RunDownHouse 11-19-2007 03:22 PM

Hm, just saw KU was listed as home team on espn.com. Didn't realize they were playing at Arrowhead. Still doesn't change much.

pirateboy 11-19-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, just saw KU was listed as home team on espn.com. Didn't realize they were playing at Arrowhead. Still doesn't change much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except about 4 points.

RunDownHouse 11-19-2007 03:28 PM

Are you being a huge nit because you think the difference between -2 and -5 is more important than the fact that they're a public (home) dog?

EDIT: nevermind, just read a few of your SB posts. There's a reason 2+2 is a great mb resource for square reads.

pirateboy 11-19-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you being a huge nit because you think the difference between -2 and -5 is more important than the fact that they're a public (home) dog?

EDIT: nevermind, just read a few of your SB posts. There's a reason 2+2 is a great mb resource for square reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kansas's HFA is more than 3 points. By saying it's 3 points, you're saying it's similar to playing at Florida Atlantic.

And nothing about my SB posts say square or sharp. How is Kansas a home dog? They're -2, and at home would have been -6. I think you made a simple typo, though.

KUJustin 11-19-2007 03:47 PM

Has anyone studied where HFA comes from exactly? (crowd noise, lack of travel, comfortable surroundings, etc).

The crowd should lean KU between 60/40 and 70/30, but I would imagine it's best scored as a pure neutral site.

pirateboy 11-19-2007 03:49 PM

I wonder why KU decided before the season to allow the game to be played at a neutral?