Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Posting with no reads. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239537)

jjigglers 10-18-2006 05:06 PM

Posting with no reads.

Obviously, there are situations where you don't have reads, just sat down, whatever.

Reasons to post with no reads:
1. You had no reads.

Reasons not to post with no reads:
1. You're lazy.
2. You don't have PT/PO.
3. You don't watch the tables.

I find it boggling that 90% of posts that have "no reads" come from people who would much improve their game/attitude by either paying attention, or not being lazy.

Paul Thomson 10-18-2006 05:09 PM

Re: Posting with no reads.

reasons to post with no reads:

you're 8 tabling on a mac so don't have any software...and are a tad bit too lazy.

delta k 10-18-2006 05:12 PM

i find it boggling people make posts like these because i don't think 90% of hands that come w/ no reads are due to people's laziness. their contributions to 2+2 are proof to that.

jjigglers 10-18-2006 05:15 PM

Explain the no-reads phenomenon then? Surely all of these hands aren't happening in the first orbit and neither player hasn't done anything at all?

I'll bet a large sum of money that posting with no reads is inversely proportional to reply frequency.

Cliff notes: Players who reply (theoretically "good" players) post with reads more often than players who post wanting isolated advice.

kurto 10-18-2006 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, there are situations where you don't have reads, just sat down, whatever.

Reasons to post with no reads:
1. You had no reads.

Reasons not to post with no reads:
1. You're lazy.
2. You don't have PT/PO.
3. You don't watch the tables.

I find it boggling that 90% of posts that have "no reads" come from people who would much improve their game/attitude by either paying attention, or not being lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Though I mostly play $50 so I'm now a uNL lurker... I am constantly amazed at the number of posts that begin "no reads". So many hands are read dependent that asking someone to evaluate a play with no information about the players and reads is asking other people to guess blindly what's going on (other then obvious pot odds and such)...

Even when I 5 table, I still have reads on a lot of the active players and use pokertracker.

orange 10-18-2006 05:26 PM

Reads= $$.

Try to stop autopiloting so much and try and pay more attention. Take off AIM, close out 2+2/other browsers, try to really watch.

ImsaKidd 10-18-2006 06:21 PM

Its hard at SS to get reads because players rotate tables a lot. Assuming you're playing a few tables, it can take a lot of hands to get good solid reads on a player.

goofyballer 10-18-2006 06:41 PM

All of my posts start with "villain is 42/17 over 350 hands, no reads aside from that" b/c I am lazy as [censored] and don't actually pay attention during those 350 hands. Hopefully playing on a non-PT site for a little will clear that up.

I also need to stop talking on AIM while playing, I do that way too much.

Al_Money 10-18-2006 06:43 PM

I think the reason people post a lot of hands with no reads is simply because these are more difficult then the hands that are vs. villains with known tendencies. This may sound obvious, but I think it is worth thinking about.

Although I do agree that laziness is no excuse.

Fallen Hero 10-18-2006 06:48 PM

a) players rotate A LOT
b) it's a lot more helpfull for the readers of the thread if the hand is against a generic player with certain stats.
c) hands with reads are a lot easier and therefor aren't posted as much