Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFL Draft Hypothetical (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383984)

prohornblower 04-20-2007 08:06 PM

Re: NFL Draft Hypothetical

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you would have to figure out a way to make sure defensive players are actually picked as defensive players and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. The whole idea seems to lack practicality due to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have the players declare before the draft what they want to be drafted for (O or D). If they get signed, and move from OLB to TE, then levy some penalty against the team that converted him. Nothing major, just enough to keep the funny business from happening. Maybe the player who gets converted (whether by his choice, or the team's) has to donate 10% of his salary to charity, and it has to be matched, or doubled, by the team as well.

This is probably a ridic. solution, but I'm just trying to keep the conversation rolling. Moreso, I'm interested in what you guys think this would do for the NFL, hurt it or help it.

ThaSaltCracka 04-20-2007 08:39 PM

This idea strikes me as helping the worst teams more. It would probably increased the parity in the NFL even more, making the league way lamer IMO.

XXXNoahXXX 04-20-2007 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This idea strikes me as helping the worst teams more. It would probably increased the parity in the NFL even more, making the league way lamer IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why parity is bad? Parity does not necessarily mean mediocrity. Wouldn't you rather have every team fighting for the playoffs than some elite and some awful teams?

ThaSaltCracka 04-20-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why parity is bad? Parity does not necessarily mean mediocrity. Wouldn't you rather have every team fighting for the playoffs than some elite and some awful teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I like watching Dynasties. It makes for more drama and rivalries. Whats exciting about watching two .500 teams battle it out??? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I also can't stand how every year players move from team to team.

What's most shocking about this is how certain teams STILL suck in the NFL. Hello Arizona, Hello Detroit, Hello Cleveland!!!

prohornblower 04-20-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, how 'bout if the salary cap limit was simultaneously loosened? This would help "alleviate" the parity being caused by the new draft procedure.

It would re-structure the league with less game-by-game variance, and more parity, yet it would help teams that are trying to build (and more importantly maintain) a dynasty.

ThaSaltCracka 04-20-2007 09:45 PM

I could get behind something like that. I think it would increase the emphasis on coaching and decision making, which isn't a bad thing.