Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Merriman suspended- Steroids (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=242668)

primetime32 10-22-2006 10:14 PM

Merriman suspended- Steroids

Sources: Merriman To Be Suspended
Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Already took the rams +10. Merriman is their best defender and his loss will hurt.

Oski 10-22-2006 10:32 PM

Re: Merriman suspended- Steroids

If you know it, the books know it. If the line moves, its going to be because the public is going to see "value" that has already been accounted for. You might be better off getting chargers at a lower price.

rjp 10-22-2006 11:24 PM

The Chargers line is already over-inflated. You'll still be getting a bad price for SD when it moves.

atincup 10-23-2006 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Chargers line is already over-inflated. You'll still be getting a bad price for SD when it moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think the line should be around 7.5 or 7; even before the Merriman suspension.

And on a side note; being a former Terp; the suspension hurts. For years I have been making fun af a coworker (hokie) and all their off the field "situations". Boy am I going to hear it Monday morning.

youtalkfunny 10-23-2006 06:26 AM

During the pre-season, I saw a tv interview with an NFL player in a t-shirt, who looked like the Incredible Hulk.

"Wow. Who's that guy?", I asked.

"That linebacker from the Chargers."

"LINEBACKER???" I really couldn't believe a linebacker could be so huge.

primetime32 10-23-2006 06:27 PM

Line dropped to 8 at olympic (9 in some other places and off the board in other places). Obviously the oddsmakers know injuries before the general public but i am also sure that some news leak out before vegas or the offshore outs know about it.

So did the line drop because of the news or because of the betting action? who knows, either way there was value to be had at +10 last night that is no longer available.

Oski 10-24-2006 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I suppose you locked up Rams +10 even before you heard the news.

Freerollin` 10-24-2006 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
During the pre-season, I saw a tv interview with an NFL player in a t-shirt, who looked like the Incredible Hulk.

"Wow. Who's that guy?", I asked.

"That linebacker from the Chargers."

"LINEBACKER???" I really couldn't believe a linebacker could be so huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took nutritional supplements that contained hidden anabolic steroids, then you'd look huge as well AND as an added bonus, be playing Russian Roullette (which, I hear is -EV) with your career. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

CarlSpackler 10-24-2006 02:18 PM

Heard on espn this morning that Merriman is appealing the suspension and will be playing this weekend.

In addition, I never like taking a side primarily based on one player missing a game, particularly a defensive player.

Performify 10-24-2006 02:20 PM

Yes, Merriman is appealing. He gets to play this week and next week, during the suspension process, regardless of outcome.