Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Quick rock paper scissors question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553367)

El Diablo 11-24-2007 06:30 AM

Quick rock paper scissors question

Guys, quick q here. Someone throws a solid vertical throw, like a karate chop with all fingers connected. What is that, paper or scissors, or ambiguous and depends on person/trust?

wmonfor 11-24-2007 06:32 AM

Re: Quick rock paper scissors question

gotta be paper, unless it's some kind of a house rule that vertical means scissors.

actually screw that, its paper and thats that.

SNOWBALL 11-24-2007 06:33 AM

paper

Ship Ship McGipp 11-24-2007 06:34 AM

i cant think of anything funny to write to this, but know that i want to

lippy 11-24-2007 06:35 AM

Paper all day, but an angle shot. He could be, "ohhh wait I didn't do anything" when he sees that you've leveled him with some skizzorz.

chisness 11-24-2007 06:38 AM

first 2 fingers together = paper

El Diablo 11-24-2007 06:59 AM

SSM,

Are you a LeggoPoker coach w/ a super awesome video coming out? How about the rest of the videos, are they sweet?

NLSoldier 11-24-2007 07:01 AM

its paper but I refuse to play ppl who throw paper like that

Taso 11-24-2007 07:17 AM

Paper - take it from an RPS player with 3 "Majors" in the RPS league.

adsman 11-24-2007 07:41 AM

This is paper and then a punch in the face for trying to angle shoot.

That Foreign Guy 11-24-2007 11:03 AM

Scissors have to have two curled fingers and two extended. Rock is four fingers curled and paper is al fingers extended.

This is clearly paper.

ElSapo 11-24-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, quick q here. Someone throws a solid vertical throw, like a karate chop with all fingers connected. What is that, paper or scissors, or ambiguous and depends on person/trust?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vertical paper. Disqualified in tournament play though depending on the place you may get one warning.

Tony_P 11-24-2007 11:07 AM

paper, but as stated-player is an angle shooter and should be smacked

TheJubilantMale 11-24-2007 12:00 PM

i've done this a couple times, and it's always because i change my mind what to throw mid-air.

MC Chris 11-24-2007 12:18 PM

i don't see how it's an angle shot? it's clearly paper. where's the angle?

mbillie1 11-24-2007 01:06 PM

Obv this player is confused; he thinks you're playing the Rock/Paper/Scissors variant Bear Karate Shotgun (where Bear beats Karate, Karate beats Shotgun, Shotgun beats Bear)

Two hands raised in claws is bear, one hand in front of the other miming the holding of a gun is shotgun, and hand chop / "waaaahhhh" Bruce Lee type sound effect is karate.

React1oN 11-24-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is paper and then throw your scissors in his eyes for trying to angle shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

adsman 11-24-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see how it's an angle shot? it's clearly paper. where's the angle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, why don't we start with his hand itself ....

Jcrew 11-24-2007 03:56 PM

Is it OK for cops to run through red lights just for the heck of it?

NoahSD 11-24-2007 04:30 PM

It's paper/scissors. If you play rock or scissors, he loses. If you play paper it's a tie.

Ishfay 11-24-2007 05:39 PM

I insist that its paper.

How does the person react to this? Act like it was a brainfart? Try to screw you by saying it is paper or scissors to whatever is their benefit?

Sidetrack:
A friend of mine came up with a weighted rock paper scissors. If you win w/ rock, you get 5 points. If you win w/ paper, you get 2 points. If you win w/ scissors, you get 3 points. Play to 15. It just increases the levels of mind games. Its awesome.

ImsaKidd 11-24-2007 06:30 PM

I think they should just lose for sucking so much.

JokersAttack 11-24-2007 09:06 PM

clearly paper

slickpoppa 11-24-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is paper and then a punch in the face for trying to angle shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. This guy is either angle shooting or an idiot. Regardless, not somebody you want to associate with.

bellytimber 11-24-2007 11:24 PM

He's conceding the match and offering to shake hands.

iversonian 11-25-2007 01:30 AM

How is this not obviously paper? Another situation I've had. I threw scissors using my thumb and index finger. Big argument ensued (stakes were very high). How can this possibly be anything but scissors?

Taso 11-25-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this not obviously paper? Another situation I've had. I threw scissors using my thumb and index finger. Big argument ensued (stakes were very high). How can this possibly be anything but scissors?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was OBVIOUSlY paper, direction/angle of hand make NO difference in this game. This doesn't even come off as weird in the games I play in - when you play fast/pro style, angle is irrelivant.

Your scissors comment is wrong though. Thumb/forefinger, are you nuts? Those are deformed, melted scissors. Would look more like a gun to me.

nath 11-25-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone in their right mind have ANY RPS throw that extends their thumb?

shaniac 11-25-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone in their right mind have ANY RPS throw that extends their thumb?

[/ QUOTE ]

standard for paper, no?

Ship Ship McGipp 11-25-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SSM,

Are you a LeggoPoker coach w/ a super awesome video coming out? How about the rest of the videos, are they sweet?

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

Yes, I am. I have a video coming out in about two weeks.

So far, at least half of our videos are quite good, and even I got something from them. The other half are still pretty good, and most people will get something from them. There are no dog videos like a lot of our competitors put out consistently.

My videos will be both informative and entertaining, and I suspect they will quickly become among the favorites of all internet poker players that get a chance to view them.

Matt Flynn 11-25-2007 02:53 AM

paper if you feel generous, but it's a disqual. never scissors. if he claims scissors it's 100% a disqual.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-25-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paper if you feel generous, but it's a disqual. never scissors. if he claims scissors it's 100% a disqual.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if he like opens his fingers slightly between the middle finger and ring finger, like he's doing a penguin impersonation

Dale Dough 11-25-2007 06:28 AM

I'm in the WTF how is this even an angle shoot camp.

If it's 'because he can see what you do and quickly curl up his fingers to make scissors', can't he do the same thing if his hand is horizontal? Throw rock and then quickly extend two fingers?

I mean, I don't see how this is any more of an angle shoot than pretty much any effort to change your throw at the last moment.

nath 11-25-2007 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

standard for paper, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean, I guess, but that's part of the whole hand, whereas the motion described is quite specific to the thumb.

Yeti 11-25-2007 12:36 PM

This was maybe your worst thread ever. It's paper and it's not ambiguous in the slightest. In fact this may be the way I always throw it.

Taso 11-25-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was maybe your worst thread ever. It's paper and it's not ambiguous in the slightest. In fact this may be the way I always throw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, throwing paper horizontally slows up the games, and is a clear sign of an RPS rook.

React1oN 11-25-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Like a two-finger gun?

djk123 11-25-2007 02:30 PM

how can you cover the rock if your paper is vertical??

Taso 11-25-2007 02:32 PM

Actually doing the actions also slows up the game, and again, clear sign of RPS rook-age.

MC Chris 11-25-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's paper/scissors. If you play rock or scissors, he loses. If you play paper it's a tie.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? it's not scissors AT ALL and the orientation doesn't change that.