Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Quick rock paper scissors question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553367)

Matt Flynn 11-25-2007 02:53 AM

Re: Quick rock paper scissors question

paper if you feel generous, but it's a disqual. never scissors. if he claims scissors it's 100% a disqual.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-25-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paper if you feel generous, but it's a disqual. never scissors. if he claims scissors it's 100% a disqual.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if he like opens his fingers slightly between the middle finger and ring finger, like he's doing a penguin impersonation

Dale Dough 11-25-2007 06:28 AM

I'm in the WTF how is this even an angle shoot camp.

If it's 'because he can see what you do and quickly curl up his fingers to make scissors', can't he do the same thing if his hand is horizontal? Throw rock and then quickly extend two fingers?

I mean, I don't see how this is any more of an angle shoot than pretty much any effort to change your throw at the last moment.

nath 11-25-2007 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is this not obviously paper? Another situation I've had. I threw scissors using my thumb and index finger. Big argument ensued (stakes were very high). How can this possibly be anything but scissors?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone in their right mind have ANY RPS throw that extends their thumb?

[/ QUOTE ]

standard for paper, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean, I guess, but that's part of the whole hand, whereas the motion described is quite specific to the thumb.

Yeti 11-25-2007 12:36 PM

This was maybe your worst thread ever. It's paper and it's not ambiguous in the slightest. In fact this may be the way I always throw it.

Taso 11-25-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was maybe your worst thread ever. It's paper and it's not ambiguous in the slightest. In fact this may be the way I always throw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, throwing paper horizontally slows up the games, and is a clear sign of an RPS rook.

React1oN 11-25-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this not obviously paper? Another situation I've had. I threw scissors using my thumb and index finger. Big argument ensued (stakes were very high). How can this possibly be anything but scissors?

[/ QUOTE ]Like a two-finger gun?

djk123 11-25-2007 02:30 PM

how can you cover the rock if your paper is vertical??

Taso 11-25-2007 02:32 PM

Actually doing the actions also slows up the game, and again, clear sign of RPS rook-age.

MC Chris 11-25-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's paper/scissors. If you play rock or scissors, he loses. If you play paper it's a tie.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? it's not scissors AT ALL and the orientation doesn't change that.