Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Answer - DN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553746)

Mike1623 11-24-2007 08:32 PM

The Answer - DN

Daniel N. is getting a divorce.

http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journa...&ucat=&

Things will get better for you Daniel.

dankhank 11-24-2007 08:33 PM

Re: The Answer - DN

this is shocking

jmill2511 11-24-2007 08:35 PM

<insert lame gay joke here>

xxeximusxx 11-24-2007 08:37 PM

busto, hes selling his car to

KneeCo 11-24-2007 08:42 PM

I guess it's good that they worked things out privately, I imagine divorces of pro poker players can get really difficult, given the difficulty in tracking income and such. Although considering they got married two years ago, I can't imagine there wasn't a pre-nup in place.

I havent read his blog regularly at all, but the whole marriage thing seemed odd from the ones I did read, considering the amount of blog space he seemed to spend writing love letters to golf, wii, jesus and his dogs, while almost never mentioning his wife, and its not like he was keeping his most private life private, as evidence from this entry.

One Outer 11-24-2007 08:42 PM

I can't believe he's selling his Tundra

Crazy Porto 11-24-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe he's selling his Tundra

[/ QUOTE ]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...em=110195939555 lol you can´t [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

sqwisssssss 11-24-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

daniel is gay?

RikaKazak 11-24-2007 08:44 PM

that sucks

jmill2511 11-24-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

daniel is gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL GOLD!

tuds38 11-24-2007 08:54 PM

This is mildly interesting but why couldn't you just put "DN Getting a Divorce" in the subject so more people read it?

Sucks for Daniel I guess but it seems to be going about as well as a divorce can.

jwc529 11-24-2007 08:54 PM

cleanest/strangest divorce ever?

JSmith2007 11-24-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they got married too quickly and soon realized that their personalities clicked more than their love for each other.

Just my guess, it happens quite often.

Thrahl 11-24-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
busto, hes selling his car to

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no. You've got it backwards, hes selling his wife and divorcing his car.

Lord_Strife 11-24-2007 09:11 PM

Ever since he got married in the first place his game has really slacked... I expect the single and free DN of 2004 to return to his old form.

sqwisssssss 11-24-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sup jwc.

betsmart 11-24-2007 09:18 PM

I still find it amazing as to how open and frank he is.

He knows that all sorts of gay jokes will be flung at his directions, and he is still opening up and putting himself in a vulnerable position.

All more respect to him.

Good luck Daniel.

Abbaddabba 11-24-2007 09:40 PM

ill bet it's because she doesnt respect his play.

but yeah. what exactly DID they have in common? besides him having an asian fetish, and her having a money fetish.

imozyslow 11-24-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He knows that all sorts of gay jokes will be flung at his directions, and he is still opening up and putting himself in a vulnerable position.

All more respect to him.

Good luck Daniel.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he doesnt care b/c he isnt gay?

or maybe he IS gay and doesnt care, but chooses to remain in the closet.

honestly, who gives a flying [censored].

KSOT 11-24-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ill bet it's because she doesnt respect his play.

but yeah. what exactly DID they have in common? besides him having an asian fetish, and her having a money fetish.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's not enough to hold a marriage together, I can't imagine what it would take.

betsmart 11-24-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All more respect to him.

Good luck Daniel.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry if my post gave he feeling that I am giving the gay references the major weight. I'm not. It's just that these were the most common remarks on this post.
I did mean that he knew that for every supporting comment he will read at least one, hmmm, no so supportive let's say.

dank stax 11-24-2007 09:57 PM

'Once we finished talking we both felt sooo much better instantly! I liked her better already, lol! We complimented each other, looked at each other, and both felt like it was the absolute right thing to do. Once the decision was made, we hugged and then hung out for a bit watching TV. It didn’t even feel awkward at all. Then I banged her and left.'

wattascoop 11-24-2007 09:57 PM

I like DN a lot, but dude is clearly gay.

TropAndEastern 11-24-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly is it clear? I guess I don't have the gaydar like you...

MikeyPatriot 11-24-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does it matter?

zen_rounder 11-24-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
so if he was gay you would cease to like him?

How exactly is it clear? I guess I don't have the gaydar like you...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
who cares either way. this gay thing is getting a bit long in the tooth now

imozyslow 11-24-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All more respect to him.

Good luck Daniel.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry if my post gave he feeling that I am giving the gay references the major weight. I'm not. It's just that these were the most common remarks on this post.
I did mean that he knew that for every supporting comment he will read at least one, hmmm, no so supportive let's say.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didnt really mean to target you by quoting your post. i just think its pretty weird how fixated pepple are on DN's sexual preference.

odellthurman 11-24-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All more respect to him.

Good luck Daniel.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didnt really mean to target you by quoting your post. i just think its pretty weird how fixated pepple are on DN's sexual preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Are you gay?

MMa7 11-24-2007 10:18 PM

Is there any picture of Lori?

imozyslow 11-24-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All more respect to him.

Good luck Daniel.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Are you gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be gross [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

7n7 11-24-2007 10:37 PM

The part I found interesting was that they both had agreed that they had tried their best.

Long time readers of his journal could easily assume that one of them didn't...50/50 there folks.

Divorce sucks and is never a good thing, but it sounds like Daniel has been living the equivalent of a fraternity party for the length of their marriage. He does state that Lori was cool with it, but you don't think there was a little resentment?? Come on now!!! All the married folk (the 1 or 2 of us on this board), chime in a little. If there truly wasn't, then I say sign this girl up for her own reality series and let some guys compete for her.

Don't mean to disrespect DN or this unfortunate part of his life, but a lot of people prolly saw this coming.

And yes, I'm sure he kept the good stories of Lori out of his journal to remain private but just going on what he gave us. Hard not to, but readers filling in the blanks goes with keeping an online blog.

Pudge714 11-24-2007 10:41 PM

Re: The Answer - DN *DELETED*

Post deleted by jman220

Mr_Mxyztplk 11-24-2007 10:45 PM

looks wise, what is Lori on a 1-10 scale?

sapol 11-24-2007 10:46 PM

For some reason I always thought Lori was his dog. Isn't that a dog's name?

glimmertwin 11-24-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel N. is getting a divorce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caught rogering his houseboy, obviously.

Seriously, aren't Christians supposed to have rules about this kind of thing? His post just seems to imply that they're just kind of fed up with each other, so it's time to move on.

I'm not in any way opposed to divorce, there's no kids that they should stay together for, and I'm an atheist myself so what do I know, but this really does seem typical of the modern North American approach to Christianity. Embrace the rules while they suit you, then drop them just as soon as they become inconvenient and start getting in the way of the things that you really want to do.

Reminds me of Newt Gingrich, who dumped his wife for a younger model while she was on her sickbed, dying of cancer. Not that Daniel is doing anything so cruel. Rather, that both of them have been espousing a set of values that they don't appear to genuinely embrace.

[ QUOTE ]

The part I found interesting was that they both had agreed that they had tried their best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, they've only been married for two years. I've had *arguments* with my wife that lasted longer than that.

While I don't believe that people should stay together and be miserable, if you're genuinely committed to a relationship, you stick in there and work at it even when things don't seem to be working. Because the relationship is more important than the other, trivial stuff that's getting in the way.

Daniel's blog is very nice and respectful, but I think it's also somewhat dishonest insofar as I don't believe it's telling us what the real reasons for his divorce are. Now, it's none of our business anyway, and he may not even know himself, but in my experience this 'we've grown apart' business tends to be a euphemism for one of two things:

a.) I want somebody else, or
b.) I hate your guts

Finally, I think it's a little weird discussing someone else's divorce in this way, but if he puts his private business out there for public discussion, it doesn't seem unreasonable to speculate and pontificate.

evil_ronnie 11-24-2007 10:59 PM

busto?

kerze 11-24-2007 11:02 PM

I didn't read the story - so his wife asked for a divorce because he's selling the Tundra?

Stake Monster 11-24-2007 11:11 PM

some of you guys are real pricks.

Joseph Hewes 11-24-2007 11:13 PM

"People who call other people gay are often covering up their own latent homosexuality."

Pudge714 11-24-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"People who call other people gay are often covering up their own latent homosexuality."

[/ QUOTE ]
And you are calling other people gay for calling DN gay therefore you are gay.