Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Warmup JJ with incredibly awkward stack size. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549020)

gobboboy 11-18-2007 03:03 PM

Warmup JJ with incredibly awkward stack size.

Villain is a regular and fairly weak/tight. Knows who I am. Note his raise size.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 (t30850)
MP2 (t18250)
MP3 (t10475)
CO (t15375)
gobbo (t11552)
SB (t6700)
BB (t22450)
UTG (t8525)
UTG+1 (t17050)

Preflop: gobbo is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t1600</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, gobbo?

EDIT: Forgot that I saw him 3x QQ before from utg, check/call a TT7 board and then c/f a blank turn. (he said he had QQ in chat, maybe liar?)

JSchnett 11-18-2007 03:05 PM

Re: Warmup JJ with incredibly awkward stack size.

I call. I don't wanna get in with JJ this deep vs a weak tighty.

Requin 11-18-2007 03:10 PM

Yeah seems like a good spot to call; he's probably lying but even if he is that's a weak postflop play and you should be able to play pretty profitably.

TheNewf 11-18-2007 03:29 PM

I call and get it in on most flops without an A or K.

Todd Terry 11-18-2007 03:43 PM

Call and outplay him postflop, which I think I'd say against a 4x raise from a weak/tight player when you're on the button regardless of your cards. I don't think you want to get it in pre or post, because if you do you're going to be behind, unless you flopped a set.

adanthar 11-18-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and get it in on most flops without an A or K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call too but most definitely do not do that. In fact if he two barrels rag boards I'm probably just mucking, definitely if he 3 barrels.

Ansky 11-18-2007 03:53 PM

"Call and outplay him postflop, which I think I'd say against a 4x raise from a weak/tight player when you're on the button regardless of your cards"

lol cmon u cant be serious.

Cornell Fiji 11-18-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Call and outplay him postflop, which I think I'd say against a 4x raise from a weak/tight player when you're on the button regardless of your cards"

lol cmon u cant be serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy birthday ansky.

I agree "call off 12% of my stack and try to outplay someone postflop with any two when I have 2 pot sized bets left" does not seem like a winning strategy to me either.

I think that shoving rarely gets called by worse from the described player and I think folding is obviously rediculous so I call pf with the intention of stacking off a lot.

furfur 11-18-2007 09:57 PM

I like the call too b/c u have a good but not great hand with the benefit of position against a weak-tighty. Use it.

gobboboy 11-18-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the call too b/c u have a good but not great hand with the benefit of position against a weak-tighty. Use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's absurd to think of JJ as anything other than a 'great' hand. In this situation we have the best hand a ridiculous large amount of the time but it's just the fact that we're unlikely to be called by a worse hand and that's why we have to play it so passively/carefully.